Matthew Ashton

BMW Connected Drive Services Discounted

Thanks for this information. I've been waiting for this since I picked up my z4 to enable the high beam assistant. The car come with all hardware prepared but required ConnectedDrive subscription (life-time subscription though) to enable it. 

It’s just expired on mine but TBH for me it’s not worth the money for a few map upgrades in the year which will hardly change anything. None of the other bundled services are worth anything to me at all. I’ll just leave it and maybe update the map in a few years if it bothers me.

What's L package? (UPDATE - Okay, it looks like it's called differently for iDrive 6 service compared to iDrive 7)

Also, if the car has already subscribed to a service, I don't think it will show the specific price for the car. Instead, it will just show the guided starting price (e.g from £160) then when you click in, it will say you can't extend the subscription now without giving any specific price.

Edited by q96169we

42 minutes ago, Matthew Ashton said:

£55.30 for the L package (down from £79 last week) shown when I log in.

hmmm,.

51 minutes ago, q96169we said:

What's L package? (UPDATE - Okay, it looks like it's called differently for iDrive 6 service compared to iDrive 7)

Also, if the car has already subscribed to a service, I don't think it will show the specific price for the car. Instead, it will just show the guided starting price (e.g from £160) then when you click in, it will say you can't extend the subscription now without giving any specific price.

yeah .. its a kind of :)

Hi Matthew, thanks for the tip off, you mentioned it last year and I got a bargain.

however the packages seem to have changed names.  Last year it was called Connected Package Plus.  Is that now the equivalent of Package L?

also it’s still coming up at £79 no discount to £55.30 showing.

Any help would be great.

Thanks 

9 minutes ago, David6GT said:

Hi Matthew, thanks for the tip off, you mentioned it last year and I got a bargain.

however the packages seem to have changed names.  Last year it was called Connected Package Plus.  Is that now the equivalent of Package L?

also it’s still coming up at £79 no discount to £55.30 showing.

Any help would be great.

Thanks 

Yes BMW have consolidated the packages and it is now Package L. I only see the discount once I have logged on. 

11 hours ago, Matthew Ashton said:

Darn it, the discount has gone and it's back to £79!

Checking at 9:30am 23/11/2021, it seems the discounts are back again. If anyone wants anything, hurry up before it stops again.

image.thumb.png.dd644a588d2c4cb7ea447fd4c3fb7cb1.png

Edited by q96169we

2 minutes ago, q96169we said:

Checking at 9:30am 23/11/2021, it seems the discounts are back again. If anyone what anything, hurry up before it stops again.

Snap! just saw that and now they say valid from 24/11 to 30/11 but available today!

16 minutes ago, Matthew Ashton said:

Snap! just saw that and now they say valid from 24/11 to 30/11 but available today!

Seeing your reply and noticed a typo in my post. Kind of explain why the code I modified this morning failed to compile. Maybe more typo there. :(