Sign in to follow this  
ricequackers

BMW Roadside Assistance

I'm well overdue for sorting out some kind of breakdown cover for my car. I was going to go with RAC, but I noticed that BMW also offer their roadside assistance cover which provides similar level to RAC but also adds continental Europe, all for just £156 for the year! It's also integrated into iDrive which is a nice plus. Anyone have any experience with their service (presumably contracted out to a third party)? Worth going for or should I stick with RAC?

Fwiw this is our only car so we don't need to cover additional cars or do per-driver cover.

They use Allianz who share resources with JLR, Aston, Lamborghini, BMW and couple of others. Recent experiences include the 750i having a proper tantrum and the 118 misfiring. Both times couldn't be more helpful and they certainly have control over the main dealers with booking allocations. however, I must caveat that both cars are under BMW insured warranty so it's seamless throughout. I don't think BMW Roadside would drop to somewhere other than main dealer but not sure