Sign in to follow this  
Greenninja

Confusing brake pad options!!

Hi all, 

Been a while since ive posted and sort of approached this subject a while ago, but i need to replace my pads all round but finding the correct ones for my car seem to be impossible!!

Real OEM gives me a million options none of which make sense, so bottom line is what do i need?

I have 348x30 discs at the front, and 330x20 at the rear ( i know the fronts are without high speed system as i replaced the discs a while ago and the 348x36 didnt fit as the caliper would not go over them)

Ive seen front pads with strange hooks on them which didnt fit (had a set supplied with last discs and threw them away due to not fitting)

can anyone point me to what pads i might need front and rear, im replacing the rear disc with MTEC which i have on the front and i know the size of those, its ust the pads im struggling with.

any help appreciated

Just now, Greenninja said:

Hi all, 

Been a while since ive posted and sort of approached this subject a while ago, but i need to replace my pads all round but finding the correct ones for my car seem to be impossible!!

Real OEM gives me a million options none of which make sense, so bottom line is what do i need?

I have 348x30 discs at the front, and 330x20 at the rear ( i know the fronts are without high speed system as i replaced the discs a while ago and the 348x36 didnt fit as the caliper would not go over them)

Ive seen front pads with strange hooks on them which didnt fit (had a set supplied with last discs and threw them away due to not fitting)

can anyone point me to what pads i might need front and rear, im replacing the rear disc with MTEC which i have on the front and i know the size of those, its ust the pads im struggling with.

any help appreciated

The pads that Mtec list will fit; if you're unsure, message them and they'll make sure you're sorted :) 

2 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

The pads that Mtec list will fit; if you're unsure, message them and they'll make sure you're sorted :) 

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately i thought exactly that and gave them a call, the girl i spoke to was almost as confused as me with the options listed for my car, the rear ones seem to be easy as they are one size and all the same, its mostly the fronts that seem to be an issue and i dont want to waste time and money buying a set to find they wont fit and have to send them back.. i may just have to take a wheel off and see... shouldnt be this hard though should it!!!

19 minutes ago, Greenninja said:

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately i thought exactly that and gave them a call, the girl i spoke to was almost as confused as me with the options listed for my car, the rear ones seem to be easy as they are one size and all the same, its mostly the fronts that seem to be an issue and i dont want to waste time and money buying a set to find they wont fit and have to send them back.. i may just have to take a wheel off and see... shouldnt be this hard though should it!!!

OEM BMW here; as Andrew says, try @cotswoldbmwmini too:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184878553827?fits=Car+Make%3ABMW|Cars+Type%3A525d|Plat_Gen%3AF10&epid=21017016243&hash=item2b0b9edae3:g:5MkAAOSwnYtgwKc8

They'll be the right ones for your car (fronts); use www.realoem.com for the rear part numbers, OR, call Cotswolds BMW ands they'll tell you straight away what discs/pads you have fitted

Edited by d_a_n1979

thanks for the replies guys, I will call cotswalds tomorrow morning and see what they say, aside from the discs i dont mind going OE for the pads at all, like you say, dont save on brakes....

I will just give a big shout out to MTEC discs though, the fronts i have on mine are bloody superb and got rid of my "constant warping" of aftermarket discs, mate uses them on his track car too and they have taken a beating around cadwell park and donnington so they are good, coated in black stuff to stop them rusting too..

well worth a look if youre in the market