Sign in to follow this  
Mark-535i-sport

TATechnix suspension - Just how bad is it?

As per the title, I'm just wondering how bad the TATechnix stuff from Germany really is?  It's TUV compliant so I'd like to think it's not terrible but it's also very cheap, so makes me think it's terrible!  My car is currently on tired stock suspension and I've been offered a complete kit for peanuts.  Is it worth fitting whilst I save for KWV3's or Bilstein or should I continue to set sail in the good ship OE? :)

As an aside, what kind of drop do people usually go with on an E34 and what's the widest rubber that can be fitted without fouling the arch when running staggered 9 & 10J x 17's?

Thanks in advance guys.

Mark 

image2.jpeg

Oe suspension is pretty good. However the front on mine ride a bit higher than I'd like. 

I did have eibach springs and Bilstien dampers on an e28 and that car handled very well however I can't fault the oe suspension recently fitted to the 530i either (springs, dampers, top mounts....)

I don't know how wide a tyre you can fit.

This is the kit I have thinking about. However what exactly am I trying to improve.

https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/bmw-E34/1976453-new?product=E90200030522

Edited by bm0p700f

I’ve got ta tech sport dampers (not coilovers) along with eibach springs on my e39, they were bought as a cheap fix as my oem sport ones were leaking and pretty much doing nothing

there ok but the ride is crap compared to oem sport shocks, they feel very under damped on rough roads it’s crashy, I wouldn’t buy them again, however on a nice smooth road there ok and car handles well enough on them but just not worth the compromise imo. 

cant really argue for the price tho but your getting what you pay for 

Was just idly thinking to myself the other day how much I love my Koni sports. 

I had Bilstein B4 (Supposedly OE equivalent) dampers in for a while and they had a kind of 'stiction' in them which gave the impression of a much harder suspension. I've never driven an E34 on new OE dampers but I bet you that the Koni sports are closer- and you have the option to turn them up.