Sign in to follow this  
d_a_n1979

My F01 - software updates

Is it worth me taking my F01 730D to BMW to ask them to give it a full software check & update?

I don't know anyone local that has INSTA or similar; so a bit stuck for options really...

I'm going to get the autobox serviced too by Automatic Transmissions, Preston; is there anything specific I need to ask for to be done (ie any other seals etc); or is it just the filter/fluid in these?

Cheers 

Some independant coding people like Adam at DDCoding can do the iLevel updates. I think I paid £50 on my old 2013 F01 730d a few years ago so maybe allow £70?

1 minute ago, sanjx said:

Some independant coding people like Adam at DDCoding can do the iLevel updates. I think I paid £50 on my old 2013 F01 730d a few years ago so maybe allow £70?

He does that remotely does he?

Cheers

Yes he offers remotly. I've seen his facebook pages suggesting he travels around aswell. There's also a chap called Sam Miah of GA coding on Facebook. On the transmission front, if I was having mine done then "BMW Connected" based out of Essex area would be my choice at present.

8 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Is it worth me taking my F01 730D to BMW to ask them to give it a full software check & update?

is there an issue you need to fix as just doing a full car update will probably not offer any noticeable value. 

I don't know anyone local that has INSTA or similar; so a bit stuck for options really...

ISTA is only good for programming the car if used with a dealer level ICOM Device. For DIY programming it would be ESYS with an ENET cable. That cable with ISTA will allow diagnostics only.   

I'm going to get the autobox serviced too by Automatic Transmissions, Preston; is there anything specific I need to ask for to be done (ie any other seals etc); or is it just the filter/fluid in these?

Cheers 

Just the oil pan (that includes the filter) and the oil is all you need. If you took it to ZF themselves, but only in Germany, they would strip

the mechatronics and check for any issues there too, a bit far to go though :-) 

On 23/10/2021 at 18:33, sanjx said:

Yes he offers remotly. I've seen his facebook pages suggesting he travels around aswell. There's also a chap called Sam Miah of GA coding on Facebook. On the transmission front, if I was having mine done then "BMW Connected" based out of Essex area would be my choice at present.

3 year old thread, but better to be informed.

Avoid dd coding!! (1addicts.com)