Sign in to follow this  
saji

g30 520D JERKING

Hello,

My car is jerking especially when I am driving  in slow speed . Probably in first or second gear. 

Any idea .

3 hours ago, saji said:

Hello,

My car is jerking especially when I am driving  in slow speed . Probably in first or second gear. 

Any idea .

You seem to have a number of issue with your car, get it to a BMW garage and let them diagnose the issues as you will be chasing your tail for days like this. It could be your EGR valve but also could be one of many other things.

Matthew I have ordered a Foxwell nt716 diagnostic device yesterday. At present there is no fault message showing in car . But this jerking in slow speed driving is irritating me sometimes. 
hope I am able to diagnose myself once I got the device then take it from there. 
Thanks for your time 

On 10/22/2021 at 4:22 PM, Matthew Ashton said:

You seem to have a number of issue with your car, get it to a BMW garage and let them diagnose the issues as you will be chasing your tail for days like this. It could be your EGR valve but also could be one of many other things.

Matthew, 

I have bought the foxwell NT716 diagnostic tool . Detected the problem as faulty Egr valve.Replaced my self & the car working fine . Thanks for your advise. 

Gents,

Here, I am sharing some experience. Some reason my car doesn't have an O ring for the resonator. Please see the pic attached. I have bought & fitted. Noticed significant power on acceleration. 

Hope this will help someone .    

Capture.PNG

31 minutes ago, saji said:

Gents,

Here, I am sharing some experience. Some reason my car doesn't have an O ring for the resonator. Please see the pic attached. I have bought & fitted. Noticed significant power on acceleration. 

Hope this will help someone .    

Capture.PNG

Your car does have numerous issues! I wonder what its history is.

22 minutes ago, Matthew Ashton said:

Your car does have numerous issues! I wonder what its history is.

Not much more Matthew :) Bought the car 6 months ago from a dealer. . During the return journey from Manchester car fell in a flood on dual carriage way . noticed the under shield damaged straight away  . I think this bottom flap issue happened from there. This O ring issue may be happened by the time of changing the air filter previously . Egr valve changed a week ago . 

Now car is running perfect. But as I am a parts man, continuously monitoring the performance.  

3 hours ago, saji said:

Bought the car 6 months ago from a dealer

Sounds like the car is still under approved used warranty. If this is true, why not bring the car back to the dealer to have everything repaired under warranty? I know you are a partsman but I think it still costs you some money than warranty repair. Also, if I remember correctly, changing EGR valve requires re-adaptation by the diagnosis software (e.g ISTA-D). 

1 hour ago, q96169we said:

Sounds like the car is still under approved used warranty. If this is true, why not bring the car back to the dealer to have everything repaired under warranty? I know you are a partsman but I think it still costs you some money than warranty repair. Also, if I remember correctly, changing EGR valve requires re-adaptation by the diagnosis software (e.g ISTA-D). 

Just finished the 6 months warranty time . EGR valve doesn't required the adaptation. If we are changing the complete unit ie,exhaust cooler(which included EGR)  ? then needs adaptation. I have deleted the error code before the new fitment. Then after fitment did the diagnose again . 

1 hour ago, saji said:

EGR valve doesn't required the adaptation. If we are changing the complete unit ie,exhaust cooler(which included EGR)  ? then needs adaptation.

Okay, maybe my understand is wrong, but I think it's the valve that need adaptation to compensate the possible built-up and that's also why when the entire EGR unit (valve plus cooler) is changed, adaptation is required. Anyway, as long as it solves the issue.