Sign in to follow this  
Mark-535i-sport

Exhaust options.

23 hours ago, M635uk said:

Try these guys, they don’t quote now for a 535 system but I am sure they can supply.  It was mild steel and cheap and worked.  I actually sold mine on for the same price I bought it when I swapped for the Fritz system.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/carexhaust#tab1

Unfortunately they say that they can't supply a system for a 535i. 

Sorry Mark. Sharkfan a dimpled golf ball travels further than a smooth one. That's one example of surface e texture being of benefit. They are many others in fluid dynamics. 

Might be late to the party but I have a custom made one from Infinity Exhausts

It is perfect. Looks the part and sounds awesome. Made while I waited too, took a few hours to make. I chose how I wanted it to look and the noise level. Lifetime warrenty as well.

I have had 4 exhausts made from them in the past and would happily go back.

They also do exhaist manifolds and have been tempted to get one but not done it yet as there has always been something higher up on the list of things to do.

29 minutes ago, Mark-535i-sport said:

Any photos or video?

Have been looking at Supersprint and maybe buying a section at a time. 

Might be a photo on my project thread. And the only video I have to hand is this when I was at the Nurburgring but it was shot from inside the car though. It grumbles on the over run when warm and you lift off and at revs it sounds amazing. 

It wasn’t cheap as such, I think £600 but it is two pipes all the way from the headers to the back box, so basically two exhausts. It has no centre silencer just a back box. 

Edited by KitsonRis

For mark.

Been to Clive Attowe tuning for a power run. Bear in mind the m30b30 engine has 188hp @5800 rpm (book) and 192 ft.lb @4000 rpm.

With the fritz exhaust manifold and system it makes 209hp @6077 rpm and 191 ft.lb torque @4484 rpm.

wheel horsepower figure is also good giving 165hp @5893 rpm. Run down is funny thing. So peak power has moved up to approximately 6000 rpm.

so fritz claims are correct. It works. The car also accelerates in a timed way like it has 210 hp. So that's what I predicted it should have.

However it is running lean at various points. That needs to be corrected.

20211115-102633.jpg
20211115-101850.jpg

Edited by bm0p700f