Borut

H&K speakers on driver's doors stopped working

Hi,

I'm having an issue with H&K speakers stopped working on driver's doors completely. Not sure what happened, but there is no sound from them on that doors.

Other speakers on other doors work.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Borut

I suppose if its under warranty and happening on all sources (i.e radio/bluetooth/carplay) then it's a dealership job

If its not under warranty you could pull the doorcard off and see if its a loose connection but I very very much doubt that is the case.

35 minutes ago, CFD said:

I suppose if its under warranty and happening on all sources (i.e radio/bluetooth/carplay) then it's a dealership job

If its not under warranty you could pull the doorcard off and see if its a loose connection but I very very much doubt that is the case.

No warranty anymore unfortunatelly.

Just now, bmwf113.0d said:

Hopefully something as simple as a broken wire, worth having your codes read and go from there. 

That's what I hope as well. Seems a little weird that both speakers would die in the same door. I'll visit the service to plug it in and check the error codes.

1 hour ago, Borut said:

Hi,

I'm having an issue with H&K speakers stopped working on driver's doors completely. Not sure what happened, but there is no sound from them on that doors.

Other speakers on other doors work.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Wiring issue is likely. The Midrange and Tweeter in the same door are connected in parallel so if the wiring from the amplifier to the door is compromised it will effect both speakers.

From the amplifier, you need to test the blue/red and blue/brown wires in a twisted pair. These go from the amplifier to the driver's door connector.

On 10/8/2021 at 11:24 PM, ally said:

Is the front sub under the seat also out? 

No, it works. Just the speakers in the driver's doors are not.