thedocACSV8

part numbers for undertray fasteners?

does anyone have the part numbers for the E39 under body covering trays fasteners/bolts/nuts etc. (not inc. engine compartment)?

Also is there a centre cover or is it just left side and right side please?

Cheers!

1 hour ago, thedocACSV8 said:

does anyone have the part numbers for the E39 under body covering trays fasteners/bolts/nuts etc. (not inc. engine compartment)?

Also is there a centre cover or is it just left side and right side please?

Cheers!

The fastening parts are easy to come by; look on www.realoem.com

You need a few of these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400548898141?fits=Car+Make%3ABMW|Plat_Gen%3AE39&hash=item5d4293255d:g:HDEAAMXQxU9SBiCx

As for the undertrays themselves; the V8 stuff is nigh on impossible to source IIRC

I think it was Adam B that's tried recently and gotten nowhere; even via BMW main dealers!

3 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

You need a few of these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400548898141?fits=Car+Make%3ABMW|Plat_Gen%3AE39&hash=item5d4293255d:g:HDEAAMXQxU9SBiCx

As for the undertrays themselves; the V8 stuff is nigh on impossible to source IIRC

I think it was Adam B that's tried recently and gotten nowhere; even via BMW main dealers!

Looking at that realoem website I think it is numbers 15/16, & not 8/10? that I need? I don't need any of the trays just the fasteners/nuts & bolts & washers for the trays directly under the seats (outside/ exterior), not the engine bay either. No's 

FOR:   

....realOEM doesn't say that they are discontinued?

How many do I need altogether for both left and right sides please? (I am not able to look under the vehicle at the moment).

Cheers!

Edited by thedocACSV8

11 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Everything is available, at a price…

the issue I had was that mine is a factory sport manual v8, but due to the limited number built, realoem and even BMW’s system don’t always recognise this.

Fasteners and brackets are easy to source and pretty cheap.

the v8 sport manual Undertray (same as M5) is available from bmw but it’s approx £300.

but then according to feedback, the aftermarket copies aren’t worth the bother.

1 hour ago, AdamB said:

Everything is available, at a price…

the issue I had was that mine is a factory sport manual v8, but due to the limited number built, realoem and even BMW’s system don’t always recognise this.

Fasteners and brackets are easy to source and pretty cheap.

the v8 sport manual Undertray (same as M5) is available from bmw but it’s approx £300.

but then according to feedback, the aftermarket copies aren’t worth the bother.

cheers!