Calypso-E34

Bloody nice courtesy car!!

The 520d has gone back to the garage from where I bought it today, which happens to be a Volvo dealership.  They in turn are sending it to the local BMW dealership to have some issues attended to.  I knew I was getting a courtesy car, and last time I got a wee XC40 - not my usual flavour of car, but nice enough.  I was expecting the same today - but oh no.  Not even close.

Today, they gave me a Volvo S90 T8 Recharge.  Lovely looking car, and a plug in hybrid with a combined output of 385 BHP!!!!!!!!  Sweet baby Jesus - this thing has some poke!

I want one.  Now.

738C2F48-036B-4287-BA40-AF637389E127.jpeg

2F60EC8B-9C8B-42C1-AA43-E44F449B0A35.jpeg

0EFDC9DC-C47B-4C25-B8BF-87DE4D7BC355.jpeg

64438A40-65B1-45B7-9A36-F1401B2BFE2C.jpeg

747E6D24-1A92-4269-B67B-3AF14D9AADE4.jpeg

Edited by Calypso-E34

I really like the look of the current crop of Volvos - just seems a shame you can't get a 5 cylinder (or even 6!) anymore.

8 minutes ago, The Spooner said:

I really like the look of the current crop of Volvos - just seems a shame you can't get a 5 cylinder (or even 6!) anymore.

The 5 cylinder engines sounded great - even the diesels sounded good!  You don't get that with this car - but what you do get is refinement.  Most of the time for me now, refinement is what I'm after.  

After I am finished with my current BMW 520d, I think I'll be looking around for a car like this Volvo - but in any case, not another 4 cylinder diesel.  The 520d is fine under light load, but a bit vocal when you put your foot down - and not in a good way.  Last car was a 6 cylinder 525d, which sounded better.

I fear there will be fewer and fewer cars with more than 4 cylinders when you can get silly power with a turbo and hybrid train :(

I was loaned an X2 last week from BMW. It has to be the worst BMW i've ever driven. A hard and very noisy ride, especially on the motorway and the interior was just so cheap and plastic. Dreadful car.

IMO those volvos are nice looking but would look so much better if they hadn't sloped the rear wing edge with the rear light cluster and instead had it straight down. It just looks odd to me.