Sign in to follow this  
Kit

1995 W124 coupe.

Not a 5 series I know but it’s time to trim the fleet (and I can’t get rid of my touring, ever!).

A very special M plate w124 e220 coupe in the best colour combo of black with cream leather. Drives like it should, everything still feels tight and over engineered. I’m an oem type owner and very picky so it’s that type of car, down to the correct stereo.

Enthusiast owned after its first owner who did 60k between 1995-1998 so the majority of miles are motorway to start then it became quite gentle till then. From 1998-today it’s done around 70k, so 130ish in total.

Appeared in an article in the official Merc magazine before I bought it in 2015.

Last mot was clear with no advisories and it is looked after by A&A Merctech in herts who know these cars well (it’s the best example they know of).

It is in a slightly different league to the leggy £5k examples to be found online so if someone wants a proper one please enquire.

DM me if interested and can expand on the above.

image.jpg

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

Thanks

Kit

Edited by Kit

Sounds fantastic. I was eyeing up 300ce’s coupes as they are a handsome beast before going for the e46 convertible as I wanted soft top but the merc as a convertible doesn’t look as good in my mind. 

17 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

Sounds fantastic. I was eyeing up 300ce’s coupes as they are a handsome beast before going for the e46 convertible as I wanted soft top but the merc as a convertible doesn’t look as good in my mind. 

Funnily enough, it’s the opposite of a convertible as it’s a rare factory sunroof delete optioned model. No idea how many of those were ordered in the uk but not seen another.

If you want some pictures of the car to temp your please DM me your email address!

Edited by Kit

6 hours ago, Sir Anthony Regents-Park said:

A very good car those - the M111 16v engine is a tough old beast. 150 bhp iirc. 

Yes it’s a M111.960 with 148bhp. Has a very linear power delivery, feels tuned for comfort and cruising. 

It’s built like cars should be in every department. Shame to let it go but I have 5 cars and room for 4.

Edited by Kit