Prices don't seem to be showing any signs of slowing down.

That end price is more than £26k with the fees and I imagine a fair bit of spending to be done on maintenance quite soon, what with the diff leak and what looks like rusty sills (esp. leading edge of offside front and around the rear jacking point on the same sill).  Maybe I'm a glass half empty kind of guy but "Lower sill covers fitted" and corroded brake lines in the same area on the MoT suggests to me that the tester can see signs of rot but obviously isn't permitted to remove anything to delve any deeper, and personal experience demonstrates that the underside of an otherwise good looking 2000 or 2001 car will need work. 

At the very least I imagine the new owner will be straight out to buy a new badge set for it.  I can't understand why a seller looking to maximise sale price will go to the effort of having it detailed, spraying the inside arch covers black (at least it appears that way, and the overspray onto the front offside sill suggests this wasn't done too carefully) but not spend £100-200 to replace the badly faded badges, wheel centres and missing M badges on the alloys.

It's lovely and rare to see a nice clean header tank under the bonnet though.

I'm sure it will be a nice car but it looks like it'll swallow an immediate £5-6k spend by the new owner without breaking a sweat.  

On 17/09/2021 at 15:58, JonJon said:

It's lovely and rare to see a nice clean header tank under the bonnet though.

I'm sure it will be a nice car but it looks like it'll swallow an immediate £5-6k spend by the new owner without breaking a sweat.  

I've often wondered about the discolouration of the header tank. Read somewhere that is just that, discolouration, which in no way reflects the integrity/longevity of the tank? Also saw a YouTube video of a guy removing the discolouration with some sort of acid. I'd be a bit worried that the acid would bugger up the coolant level sensor near the base of the tank so definitely won't be trying that! 

Agree about the need to spend after purchase. From what I could garner from the photos, most of the receipts are for filter and fluid changes, though it has had a clutch. A spendy suspension overhaul may be due some time soon.