M5STU

Metal Ping/Ting noise from rear

Hey all 

I haven’t found anything using the search function but hoping you guys have a cure.

The last few days when pulling away at slow speeds I can hear a metal ping/ting noise which sounds like it’s from the rear wheel/axle.

This afternoon going up and down a curly whurly car park around 7-10mph it sounds like evey wheel rotation but above or below speeds it not heard 

had a look for the obvious stones and foreign objects in the tyres but all good on that front.

Anyone heard or had this problem before on a F10 M5 ???

Tia

Jack car up and check disc backing plates for movement they are prone to break and will give a tingling noise as the touch the disc easy fix using a washer 

Over the previous suggestions, wheel bearings or CV joints.  

On 28/08/2021 at 20:23, M5STU said:

going up and down a curly whurly car park

Is it only present on cornering?  If so it might point to something in the differential, not sure if they are a limited slip diff in the M5.

Right Guys Girls and everyone else.

I finally got a bit of time to have a proper look into this ping ting noise and what I found was something is loose inside the N/S/R tyre !!

I have just had a tyre company come out and remove the tyre only to find a peace of  an old non standard tyre pressure sensor!!

Best bit of all is they didn’t even charge me as I’ll need new front tyres before winter 8-)

Certainly brightened my day :D

F86FA16B-3DA8-4AC4-9A28-D6E85D5E93B5.jpeg

EF1A089E-5CD1-4C52-B8C2-2693571574B8.jpeg