stevecvo

M539 restorations

I have spent many hours this week watching M539 Retoration videos which I discovered on Youtube. I am sure that many on here will know of these but for those who don't I recommend viewing some of them. Although there is a lot of stuff involving 7 and 8 series with the 12 cylinder engine some  of the non engine work translates well to E39s. The photography of the processes is excellent and supported by a good commentary. I particularly like the fact that the work is undertaken in a normal sized lock up and (with the exception of a 4 post hoist) using the sort of tools that a good DIY mechanic would have -

I've been a subscriber for over a year now.  He's very good, but I think he's stretching himself too thin with too many cars now and the gaps between videos on specific cars is too long in my opinion.

The engineering work he does is great to watch and he's pushed me into doing a lot more work on my own car and making sure its up to scratch.

On 27/08/2021 at 21:53, stevecvo said:

I have spent many hours this week watching M539 Retoration videos which I discovered on Youtube. I am sure that many on here will know of these but for those who don't I recommend viewing some of them. Although there is a lot of stuff involving 7 and 8 series with the 12 cylinder engine some  of the non engine work translates well to E39s. The photography of the processes is excellent and supported by a good commentary. I particularly like the fact that the work is undertaken in a normal sized lock up and (with the exception of a 4 post hoist) using the sort of tools that a good DIY mechanic would have -

It's a good watch. Loved the 750i build. Also love the way he takes them on the Autobahn after and maxes out the speed. Unbelievably talented mechanic.

Edited by Piper

Very good to watch and quite a funny chap. Although little bits of questionable work (hoovering out a fuel tank springs to mind!), but he's learning and getting better, exactly the same as I do :D Always an enjoyable watch.

Edited by Ollie Campbell