Sign in to follow this  
robolots

Sos call assist error fuse

When I bought the car the previous owner had suffered with blocked drains causing water in the boot.

After it was all sorted he said that occasionally it would try to call BMW.

To get rid of the problem he said he took out a fuse, but you then get the sos error when starting.

I have checked the error and it says open circuit.

What fuse relates to this as I would like to see if I can get rid of the error?

Has anyone got any idea?

I understand that the previous owner may of been wrong when he said "fuse" as I believe that there isn't a fuse that directly relates to the SOS system.

I now think that he has disconnected something on the fibre optic side to stop it trying to call BMW etc. Where should I be looking and will it be obvious?

I just wanted to reconnect to see if the error will then go away (and hopefully not try to call out).

Anyone?

Coding to remove it. +TELD to the vehicle FA list and code the car. If that doesn't make sense find someone close who can use NCS expert :)

I don't know anyone local to me with NCS expert so that's a pain.

I do have Pro Tool and asked them if I could code it out. I followed their instructions and it seemed to work, but then came back after a few days.

They said it might do that as obviously when the car starts it finds the error again. 

On second thoughts it can't be the fibre optic that has been unplugged as I believe it has to be a full loop or nothing would work.

Two things doing my head in, the SOS problem and why the Aux wouldn't work!

I have Protool, does anyone have any experience with this and any destructions for coding it out. The error is A36D (emergency call button open circuit) I have checked the MUF unit to see if anything was unplugged, but can't see anything.

The previous owner definitely said he removed the fuse as it kept ringing the help desk.

On a slightly different note and for personal reasons I have just listed the car up for sale. Sad as it has been a cracking car and I don't really want to sell it, but needs must I suppose. I still want to try and get rid of the error though as I hate being beaten by something like this.