Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I noticed this morning that my dashcam which is hard wired did not come on as usual when opened the car.

Quickly followed by realising both cigarette  ports are no longer working either.

 

I'm guessing it’s a fuse hopefully.

 

Would any know if it would be just the one fuse for all 3?

 

TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/08/2021 at 14:11, The Situation said:

I noticed this morning that my dashcam which is hard wired did not come on as usual when opened the car.

Quickly followed by realising both cigarette  ports are no longer working either.

 

I'm guessing it’s a fuse hopefully.

 

Would any know if it would be just the one fuse for all 3?

 

TIA

 

Front fuse box for all but the boot mounted 12v socket if fitted

 

F54 for the front cigarette lighter socket and rear console 12v socket

F65 for the centre console 12v socket 

 

F147 in the rear fuse box for the boot mounted 12v socket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dj1233 said:

Yes, IIRC the 2 of them are on the same fuse circuit. 

 

5 hours ago, Matthew Ashton said:

 

Front fuse box for all but the boot mounted 12v socket if fitted

 

F54 for the front cigarette lighter socket and rear console 12v socket

F65 for the centre console 12v socket 

 

F147 in the rear fuse box for the boot mounted 12v socket.

 

Right so I have noticed that when I start the car first thing in morning and driving around they dont work, when I start up again later on in the day they work fine!

 

I'm guessing there could be an issue with the battery instead or something else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wondering if the cam stays on when parked and the car is disabling those circuits to protect the battery, then after a journey is completed it re enables them again.

 

just a guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

20 hours ago, The Situation said:

 

 

Right so I have noticed that when I start the car first thing in morning and driving around they dont work, when I start up again later on in the day they work fine!

 

I'm guessing there could be an issue with the battery instead or something else?

 

When you get in the car in the morning, do you get a warning on the dash, that its highlighted a power draw/circuit thats open?

 

Mine used to do it (E61) when my dashcam was wired into another circuit. It would flag up there was a power draw and it shut the circuit off to stop the battery being drained. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dj1233 said:

 

 

When you get in the car in the morning, do you get a warning on the dash, that its highlighted a power draw/circuit thats open?

 

Mine used to do it (E61) when my dashcam was wired into another circuit. It would flag up there was a power draw and it shut the circuit off to stop the battery being drained. 

No warning comes up at all.

Its all a bit strange as it’s still working intermittently.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How was the dash cam hard wired?

 

Was is it via piggy back fuse connector, in F54 location?  If so double check that its securely fitted.

 

F54 in the behind the glovebox, is the 20 amp yellow fuse 2nd down from the right hand column of fuses next to the red/yellow bundle of wires.  Its the one that is the right way up, my Automotive OCD made me fit it so the 20 is the correct way up.

 

D538-CA98-764-F-4028-B8-AB-F3-FC77245315

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

How was the dash cam hard wired?

 

Was is it via piggy back fuse connector, in F54 location?  If so double check that its securely fitted.

 

F54 in the behind the glovebox, is the 20 amp yellow fuse 2nd down from the right hand column of fuses next to the red/yellow bundle of wires.  Its the one that is the right way up, my Automotive OCD made me fit it so the 20 is the correct way up.

 

D538-CA98-764-F-4028-B8-AB-F3-FC77245315

 

I think it maybe piggybacked (mate did it and didn’t ask many questions!)

 

If was loose do you reckon this would also stop the other power ports stop working intermittently?

 

I will check it soon to check if loose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 minutes ago, The Situation said:

I think it maybe piggybacked (mate did it and didn’t ask many questions!)

 

If was loose do you reckon this would also stop the other power ports stop working intermittently?

 

 

Yes, it would if it was a piggy back type as it would cut power to everything on that circuit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

 

 

Yes, it would if it was a piggy back type as it would cut power to everything on that circuit.


Well the mystery might have been solved.

 

I checked the piggyback and it did seem loose, I’ve pushed it in (does generally feel flimsy).

 

Will keep an eye on it.

 

Cheers all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×