mpgscott

120K miles DPF Service

Hi All,

Just down at my sons who is running my 535d and its got a red service indicator at key turn saying (-5000) miles, car is on 114550miles so from searching and reading other posts here and other sites appears to be an automatic counter and im thinking since the miles are tying in to this it might need reset.

Had a look through ISTA-D and can see various service functions but didnt want to do anything until i asked the good people on here what the sequence is for resetting this counter in ISTA?  Was going to follow these steps:

Car is running fine, the DPF is regenning so dont see any issue. 

However do you think i should get the DPF cleaned out at this miles or should i wait until the car starts running badly?

Any pointers much appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

Edited by mpgscott

8 minutes ago, dirtydirtydiesel said:

Go into the service menu on the i-drive & have a scroll through, it'll give you mileage & dates for overdue or upcoming service work.

Cheers,

You reckon it is worth me tricking it by saying it’s been changed?  If it is saying that the dpf is the issue?

Edited by mpgscott

Sorry for the slow reply, 

I'm working on the wife's car in the evenings.

You first need to find out what the red overdue service item is.

Yes if it's your DPF then you can tell the car that it's had a new one fitted by resetting all the counters for it.

You need to do that with ISTA ect.

I.I.R.C all the other service items can be done via the buttons on the cluster & stalk.

Hope this helps, if so you know what to do ;)

12 hours ago, mpgscott said:

Hi All,

Just down at my sons who is running my 535d and its got a red service indicator at key turn saying (-5000) miles, car is on 114550miles so from searching and reading other posts here and other sites appears to be an automatic counter and im thinking since the miles are tying in to this it might need reset.

Had a look through ISTA-D and can see various service functions but didnt want to do anything until i asked the good people on here what the sequence is for resetting this counter in ISTA?  Was going to follow these steps:

Car is running fine, the DPF is regenning so dont see any issue. 

However do you think i should get the DPF cleaned out at this miles or should i wait until the car starts running badly?

Any pointers much appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

With regards to your DPF, you need to read the back pressure after a re-gen.

But yes, if you wish to keep your DPF for the long run then back pressure washing is a good idea.

To remove all the stored ash (this is left over after a re-gen)

Perfect, I will give this all a try and see what I get.

Any pointers on where i check the backpressure, is it in ISTA or inpa?  Any pointers appreciated..   Having a hunt on google this looks to be the method:

Cheers

Edited by mpgscott

Had a check of mine and all values are well within tolerance

however can’t for the life of me find the functions to check mileage remaining for Dpf.  So didn’t want to reset it until I check the Miles remaining.

Apologies, me being a clown its just needing this to reset

Looking in the service on the ccc it’s showing micro filter -7000 miles.  If I search ista for micro filter it’s just about pollen filter.  When I follow the steps of looking up the DDE diagnostics I don’t have a function for checking ’Total remaining mileage’ anyone point me in direction of where this is checked?

I can get to the reset adaption for Dpf which I think is what is required, just be nice to see that the call is correct for 7000 miles remaining 

Any pointers appreciated 

567F653C-B4E4-4D9C-827C-397E65EAFB21.jpeg

C76808F9-4D1A-4120-B270-91721C54B7E9.jpeg

Edited by mpgscott

Mark,

It would appear from what you have written & the screen shots / pictures that it's just your pollen filter (Microfilter)

counter that needs resetting.

Have a search on here, I.I.R.C the D.P.F doesn't have a counter as such, It's just programmed after a certain amount

of miles.

I'd look at mine for you but wifey is out in it at the moment :ph34r:

I am certain mine has been tampered with because from memory mine has over 100k left on the D.P.F

& it's currently on 154K+

On 8/13/2021 at 10:30 PM, dirtydirtydiesel said:

With regards to your DPF, you need to read the back pressure after a re-gen.

But yes, if you wish to keep your DPF for the long run then back pressure washing is a good idea.

To remove all the stored ash (this is left over after a re-gen)

Read mine today run the test and all seems to be in tolerance.

Thankyou sir, yes sorry i had written into my post that i sussed it was the microfilter and managed to reset it with the trip switch reset from a video i found so all good.

Cheers

8 minutes ago, Keliuss said:

On a side note, judging by those backpressure readings, that's a very healthy looking DPF you have.

Keliuss

Excellent, happy days good to hear that...

It does run nice, i havent spent much time behind the wheel of late due to work but when i do its lovely apart from this vibration i have and also my issue with my Andream after updating it..