devil84

online entertainment issues HELP

Hi, i got a subscription to online entertainment for another year or so. However how do i access the Deezer music? when i try to regsiter under Deezer it says i need a premium account. 

does this mean i need an online subscription account AND Deezer premium?? seems quite a bit as Online entertainment is £160 per year and Deezer premium would cost another £120...  i have never got it working and the local dealer can't help either. 

I have this on mine and the subscription covers Deezer premium and the in car data charges.

You should be able to register through the car as far as I remember and then the account is linked to the car. 

Once it's linked you can then use the same deezer account on your mobile etc for the same premium content. 

This is from the BMW website:

Attention: To start using the service, you have to redeem the BMW Music flat-rate voucher in the vehicle first. This can be done by registering at one of the BMW music partners in your vehicle at Multimedia > Online Entertainment.

Interesting. The local dealer said I need deezer premium and online entertainment.  I only have the latter.

When I try to register on online entertainment. It says do i want to register with deezer or napster. When I choose deezer it says do i have an existing deezer premium account (which I don't have). That's where it gets very confusing! Dealer then said I need deezer premium.

Do you remember how you actually registered?

Thanks for your input.

Not sure what the dealer is talking about. 

I followed the steps in the car to create an account... When you say "no" to having an existing account does it then let you register for one? 

the car is in still in the dealership, so I will try it when i get back.

It says somethings alongs line on  the idrive "thank you for purchasing online entertainment, you can extend the account using this email address i don;t recognise. I am the second owner of the car, the first owner being BMW. So i then get presented with an option to create new account, i choose deezer (over napster) and then it says continue with an existing Deezer premium account (which i don't have). I thought it was included within the online entertainment.

I wonder if i need to somehow log into the email address i don;t regonise. I would have to contact bmw for that?#

i basically get this screen. do i select no "create new account"?? will the Deezer know that i have online entertainment and give me the premium package? i am sure i tried this before and it did not work, but i will try again. the car is at the dealer to fix some other stuff but the BMW genius said i need both online entertainment AND Deezer premium!

Capture.JPG

Edited by devil84

As long as you create your account from within the car it should redeem the music voucher you get with the package and you'll then have a deezer premium account. 

Technically the bmw genius is correct that you need online entertainment and deezer premium but these are both part of the same package. 

It sounds like in your case the online entertainment package has previously been registered to another account but that it's going to allow you to use a different account for the extension. 

The key thing is that you don't need to buy deezer premium separately from online entertainment. 

Thanks. Finally got this working. Registered in the car and got it working. May have been something to do with bmw sorting /resetting the connected drive for me.

First impressions is that the sound quality is better than apple car play but will need to test for longer 

That's good news! 

I agree with the music quality aspect, I've definitely noticed an improvement over the Bluetooth streaming. 

i am also finding it much better the integration of the car vs car play (displays track on HUD in full, so you can scroll through, and voice command makes it easier to switch tracks etc)