Spent most of it’s life in Gurnsey - I think that’s quite close to the sea...?

I’d be wanting to have a really good prod at the typical rust areas before bidding, but other than that it’s looks like a belter. The interior in particular is fantastic.

£12,600 with two days left... What do we reckon, £18k? It’s better than a rough M5 at that money, and significantly rarer.

My favourite colour combination - fabulous car......if only it was a touring!

It's lived in the Channel Islands which means no salt on the roads unless it lived next a beach! 

Edited by E39mad

46 minutes ago, duncan-uk said:

My concern would be wear and tear From stop start driving as you can’t really do big miles on an island. 

To be fair Dunc, London has far worse stop start traffic than a small island. Not many traffic jams on Guernsey.

Oh for sure but at least in London you can get out and travel the country. Surely o. Gurnsey it’s hard to have a good run? 

I could be wrong but something I’ve thought might be a issue in a car from the channel islands. 

23 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

Oh for sure but at least in London you can get out and travel the country. Surely o. Gurnsey it’s hard to have a good run? 

I could be wrong but something I’ve thought might be a issue in a car from the channel islands. 

Very short ferry trip to Europe proper though for some good blasts - it’d be a shame to discount an otherwise great car for that worry alone.

The biggest concern would be the potential for being savaged by the Chancellor for the VAT - if it was originally reclaimed on export...  :blink:

No indeed its probably an ill founded concern but it feels like using a race horse for donkey rides. But yes can easily pop to St. Malo and explore France.

13 hours ago, CG172 said:

The biggest concern would be the potential for being savaged by the Chancellor for the VAT - if it was originally reclaimed on export...  :blink:

Advert states it was first registered with the DVLA in May 2021, so any duty/VAT would have been paid then.

5 hours ago, greenelekta said:

Advert states it was first registered with the DVLA in May 2021, so any duty/VAT would have been paid then.

Yeah - figured that, I just meant about Duncan’s wider concern about buying cars from the Channel Islands generally.

Winning bid almost £18k.

Not bad if doesn't need much spending on it.

1 hour ago, Paddy O'Furniture said:

Sale must have fallen through, it’s back up again.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2002-bmw-alpina-e39-b10-v8-s-1

If it had; I think I'd want to know why... 

It says the following at the bottom of the listing:

For people information on the previous auction the car was bid up to £17750, when the buyer came to pay he decided he wanted to do an inspection and test drive which is not how these auctions work, he then wanted to bid for the car, so we decided to relist the car for previous bidders to buy and enjoy, please come and view the car before bidding to avoid any problems later, any inspection is welcome but not after the auction has finished

6 hours ago, E39mad said:

It says the following at the bottom of the listing:

For people information on the previous auction the car was bid up to £17750, when the buyer came to pay he decided he wanted to do an inspection and test drive which is not how these auctions work, he then wanted to bid for the car, so we decided to relist the car for previous bidders to buy and enjoy, please come and view the car before bidding to avoid any problems later, any inspection is welcome but not after the auction has finished

There's always someone to try & take the piss... :roll: 

Edited by d_a_n1979