Eskerman

E60 Scan Software

I recently bought a 2005/525D E60 with very low mileage and I did take a bit of a risk - but the money was sensible - I have a few issues to sort out and I am looking for a decent OBD scan tool that works with Windows 10.. 

Any recommendations would be much appreciated 

Thanks 

Paul 

ISTA P is next to useless and should never be used without a genuine ICOM.

go on Amazon and get a switched dcan cable.

1 hour ago, mrzeerox said:

ista p and ista d can do everything u need. It pretty cheap also. C-kan cable is like 30€ and the software is 20€(ish).

I have some options to purchase - ebay job maybe - thanks 

My Windows XP laptop has died along with it the INPA and ISTA. Is it available for Windows 10 or I do have an old Vista laptop lying around. Any links for the software?

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

I spent some money on a Windows 10 INPA tool. I was not very happy with it and disappointed I bought it. I bought a Foxwell 510 Elite on Amazon and was able to fix a problem with my rear window that the dealership couldn’t fix.

I am not trying to sell their products or endorse it, just sharing that I had good luck with it.

Edited by SoCalE60

Good to know thanks.

Yep, INPA is useful depending on the problem, not for everyone and is a learning journey, only one of many applications required for an E60 suite.

On 7/31/2021 at 3:45 PM, GoNz0 said:

ISTA P is next to useless and should never be used without a genuine ICOM.

go on Amazon and get a switched dcan cable.

On 9/7/2021 at 8:42 PM, GoNz0 said:

ISTA is the new BMW software, bloody great bit of kit!

So which is it mate? Or did I miss something?

10 hours ago, donnylad said:

I've found this.

https://www.bimmerdiagnostics.com/#xl_HeadingAnchor:58AHNEc

I do have a carly, will this be a lot better though?

I had to pay a garage £20 yesterday to test the PDC system which through up an issue with the module.

Rather not have  to pay them again though!

Never pay for ISTA, it's all over the internet for free.

On 31/07/2021 at 14:02, Eskerman said:

I recently bought a 2005/525D E60 with very low mileage and I did take a bit of a risk - but the money was sensible - I have a few issues to sort out and I am looking for a decent OBD scan tool that works with Windows 10.. 

Any recommendations would be much appreciated 

Thanks 

Paul 

Not a Windows 10 scan solution, but I use the Bimmer Geeks ProTool (https://www.bimmergeeks.net/protool)

I haven't yet found something that I needed in my E60 that it can't do.

I've been through the various Windows based solutions and they just felt clunky and had a steeper learning curve. Carly is useful at times, but is limited and has too many paywalls if you want to get something done. I just wanted to jump in the car, plug in the K-CAN cable into my phone and and crack on.

Bimmer Geeks support guys are amazingly good. They spent a long time with me (back and forth for a couple of weeks) trying to help me resolve an issue with my car that no-one else was able to resolve. 

The downside is that it comes at a fairly significant cost compared to other options. It's been more than worth it for based on it's functionality, convenience and support for me . . . however YMMV.