Sign in to follow this  
devil84

G30 Extended Warranty

hi all, my 3 year standard manufacturer warranty is ending soon. 

Just wondering do people here normally take out the extended warranty?

1 hour ago, devil84 said:

hi all, my 3 year standard manufacturer warranty is ending soon. 

Just wondering do people here normally take out the extended warranty?

This often gets asked but it’s really down to a personal risk attitude decision. In all my years of driving I’ve never paid for extended warranties. I’m quite handy with the mechanicals and electrics so am happy to keep the £1k + per year in my virtual kitty in case of a future need. Many others on here swear by the warranties though. 

I'm not mechanically inclined, if I were I'd consider not extending. In any instance where I have a car beyond 3+ years I'll be looking to sort out a warranty though.

Looking at an M3 purchase, and will be making sure to get AUC or one that I can bring under warranty / extend warranty. Worth the peace of mind personally

I done some digging on this before extending mine last month.

Firstly there is two policies annual or pay as you go.

The annual policy is based on mileage, less than 60k 60-100k or over 100k the cost between them are noticeable.

The pay as you go, doesn’t change based on mileage once it’s taken out. 

So for example my 530d was £594 for annual or £66 a month pay as you go both with £250 excess.

As you can see pay as you go works out at £792 for the year, however the question is over a few years .. possibility the pay as you go, will work out more cost effective.

So depending on how long you plan to keep the car, you could find yourself in the 100k plus band which I’ve heard is £1500 even with a £250 excess.

Edited by Jonny2400