smileorange

Vertical aim control

Hi

I have a 2012 MSport F10 with Halogen lights and the vertical headlight aim control motor appears to have failed. This is the bit where you turn the lights on and the beams go up and then settle into their correct positions. I also have the error message about the side lights/and Vertical Headlight aim on the dash on start-up, plus yellow triangle. I've recently changed the TMS module (left side) due to the halo rings (DRL) not working. All headlights and DRLs are now working. If it is the motor, is it an easy fix.....if it is....where is the motor located etc......plus is it plug and play

Regards to everyone

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

Given the recent TMS change I would swap them both over and see if the fault moves. That's the cheapest hope.

On 25/07/2021 at 05:44, smileorange said:

Hi

I have a 2012 MSport F10 with Halogen lights and the vertical headlight aim control motor appears to have failed. This is the bit where you turn the lights on and the beams go up and then settle into their correct positions. I also have the error message about the side lights/and Vertical Headlight aim on the dash on start-up, plus yellow triangle. I've recently changed the TMS module (left side) due to the halo rings (DRL) not working. All headlights and DRLs are now working. If it is the motor, is it an easy fix.....if it is....where is the motor located etc......plus is it plug and play

Regards to everyone

is it happening on both lights (no vertical calibration) when the car turns on?

No verticle aim on both sides. Also the rotary wheel to the left of the dimmer switch... doesn't do anything when operated. Over the weekend I will switch out/over the TMS modules to see if they make a difference.

Yes....I had no halo rings near side. Replaced the TMS....a couple of days later error message on dash...no headlight aim control.

Hence my suggestion to swap sides with the TMS and see if the fault follows.

Lots of these generic Chinese TMS boards will get your lights on, but you can almost guarantee there will be other faults in there.