Carrman2018

Great - buckled wheels

I've had wheels refurbished on my wife's Celica at City Wheel Refurbishment in Birmingham. They are very cheap and do a reasonable job. They straightened the inner flanges on 2 of the wheels for a very nominal extra charge. They were fully painted ones at the basic price. As you would expect, diamond cut incur an extra charge.

2 hours ago, jonbee said:

I've had wheels refurbished on my wife's Celica at City Wheel Refurbishment in Birmingham. They are very cheap and do a reasonable job. They straightened the inner flanges on 2 of the wheels for a very nominal extra charge. They were fully painted ones at the basic price. As you would expect, diamond cut incur an extra charge.

any tyre which has to be topped up with air every 6 weeks ( or even 8 ) is probably buckled in some way at the rim, and the tyre and the rim aren't making an airtight seal . lots of them about

Edited by Carrera77

5 hours ago, Carrera77 said:

any tyre which has to be topped up with air every 6 weeks ( or even 8 ) is probably buckled in some way at the rim, and the tyre and the rim aren't making an airtight seal . lots of them about

There would certainly be something wrong. When I refitted my summer tyres in April they were at the same pressure as when I stored them within about 1lb. They’re still at the pressure I set them to and no doubt will still be there when I swap them off again. I’m always quite amazed at how well tyres hold pressure these days compared with years ago when you needed to check weekly.

Edited by Boba

2 hours ago, Boba said:

There would certainly be something wrong. When I refitted my summer tyres in April they were at the same pressure as when I stored them within about 1lb. They’re still at the pressure I set them to and no doubt will still be there when I swap them off again. I’m always quite amazed at how well tyres hold pressure these days compared with years ago when you needed to check weekly.

yeah I've noticed it too . I've pretty much stopped topping up ..

Some tyres do leak . When I had Michelin Primacy 3 tyres on a G31, I did need to top up.. Or maybe there was something wrong ..  

Edited by Carrera77

My Primacy 3 rft's hold their pressure for months. I've had pressure loss problems on older cars due to corrosion under the paint across the tyre bead, & sometimes corrosion around the valve area. I'd suspect a crack or cracked sealant lacquer if flange is distorted too.