Sign in to follow this  
d_a_n1979

UK E39 530i Sport Touring on Old Colonel Cars

So undecided about style 32’s on a Sport, which is worrying, as that’s the direction I’ve committed to with mine...

Edited by CG172

1 hour ago, CG172 said:

So undecided about style 32’s on a Sport, which is worrying, as that’s the direction I’ve committed to with mine...

17s look good, but the Style 66s are better/nicer IMO

18s I absolutely love and think they're nicer than the Style 37s, more so on a touring

All IMO of course

Wheels are a very personal choice

Edited by d_a_n1979

That's a nice looking wagon and looks in fine fettle. Undecided on rims... Is it my eyes or are the front bumper lower corners missing?

C.

1 hour ago, cableguy said:

That's a nice looking wagon and looks in fine fettle. Undecided on rims... Is it my eyes or are the front bumper lower corners missing?

C.

You're right; they appear to be

The DRLs need binning too; super-fast!

Been mentioned on their FB page already

Hi,

Looking a little closer at the pictures - The panel gaps on the drivers side wing, by the door and then in the area of the bonnet/wing/door A pillar aren't in line. With the doors open, the rubber boot that covers the hinge is missing on both ( just spotted the same for the rear door hinges. The near side bumper to wing panel gap is very small, also on the nearside, the rear door shade is different to the rear panel. and it looks a different shade to the front door. Offside also looks like that, so perhaps a paint job up to the rear doors?n panel gap of front bumper piece to the wing isn't straightI guess the two items either side of the front number plate and mounted in the recess are garage door closers? Jus tunder the ABS pump module in engine bay pic, is that a large rust spot?

Duncan - If I mention anything about wheels and other things, Dan just likes to throw personal insults or snarky remarks at me!

I think the Style 32's weren't offered as an option on facelift E39's, at least I vaguely recall reading that. I'm sure some owners purchased new sets from a dealer and put them on though, can't have been many. I think the 17/18" Style 32's on a Sport E39 make it look a little dated, the 20" versions don't seem to have the same effect !

I'm sure someone will view it and perhaps buy at near to or at £8k, but overall, I suspect that the car has had light damage previously and has been repaired and now has a high asking price due to relatively low mileage - there's a basic spec which is a detractor too. 

Cheers, Dennis!

I think you have to view it and make your own mind up with OCC. 

they write a good advert and present cars well though dare I say some are perhaps over inflated. 

my 525e was resold via OCC and the  history presented didn’t tally with my own records. It was a good car no doubt but...

3 hours ago, DennisCooper said:

If I mention anything about wheels and other things, Dan just likes to throw personal insults or snarky remarks at me!

I'm teasing you both :P

17 minutes ago, Philip_ said:

That didn’t hang around. 

They never do :)