sjb993

myBMW App - iPhone V 1.5.0

The myBMW App on my iPhone was updated to V 1.5.0 yesterday.

I just tried to use it and it seems to have lost my data. I was asked to enter my BMW ID data and then to add a vehicle. I entered the VIN as requested and was told that my vehicle is linked to another BMW ID. I have checked my Connected Drive account via the website an all seems to be in order with that.

I have tried removing and reinstalling the App but that made no difference.

Anyone else having problems?

Thanks.

I've just tried on my Android and the same thing has happened, worked fine before the update yesterday! 

Both cars are still showing through connected drive on the website and the old Connected app is working fine. 

Very strange! 

Just a quick look at twitter and it seems a few other folk are complaining about the same issue. 

Edited by JDX-90

No problem with mine.

My old Connected Drive App stopped working on the 30th June (as we were told it would) so I deleted it.

Edited by Carrman2018

The new app is very poor IMO and I don’t see any need for it at all, they have gone backwards with it. 
The old Connected App was much better. 

14 hours ago, Carrman2018 said:

No problem with mine.

My old Connected Drive App stopped working on the 30th June (as we were told it would) so I deleted it.

The problem was with the myBMW App not the ConnectedDrive App (which I also deleted a while back). The ConnectedDrive account I referred to is accessed via a Web browser.

Perhaps the glitch had already been fixed when you tried the App?

But thanks anyway for your response.

16 hours ago, Carrman2018 said:

No problem with mine.

The old connected drive app is still working and updating status of the car on my phone... Didn't realise there was a hard cut off but I'm not deleting it until it actually stops working as I prefer it :)

7 hours ago, JDX-90 said:
7 hours ago, JDX-90 said:

The old connected drive app is still working and updating status of the car on my phone... Didn't realise there was a hard cut off but I'm not deleting it until it actually stops working as I prefer it :)

I also have “full” OS7 so maybe that’s why I had different symptoms?