Sign in to follow this  
Old Codger

Possible Fuel Stavation

Can anyone throw light on the fuel system of petrol G30 cars?  I seem to recall reading about breakdowns caused by ill fitting or missing fuel filler caps on some other models. 

Does the tank get pressurised in some way, if so by what and how is this controlled and vented?

Had a potential fuel starvation issue (won’t know till codes get read) but it appears a complicated set up nevertheless and I'd like to understand it better.

44 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Can anyone throw light on the fuel system of petrol G30 cars?  I seem to recall reading about breakdowns caused by ill fitting or missing fuel filler caps on some other models. 

Does the tank get pressurised in some way, if so by what and how is this controlled and vented?

Had a potential fuel starvation issue (won’t know till codes get read) but it appears a complicated set up nevertheless and I'd like to understand it better.

Fuel tank is definitely not pressurised. The fuel system is quite traditional for fuel injected cars. Fuel tank unpressurised, fuel pump submerged in the fuel tank with a non-replaceable filter. The fuel pump has a non-return valve incorporated allowing the fuel in the delivery pipework to be kept under pressure with the pressure manage by the DME control unit.

The tank does have a vent system that is a little complex as its part of the emission control process preventing fuel vapour evacuating to the atmosphere.