Sign in to follow this  
GlossBlue

Wiring loom swap

Hi i am swapping a e34 tds engine out of a estate into a petrol saloon e34 car both are 95 cars  can i leave in the interior loom or will it have to be swapped out. 

I think you're going to have to dig into this yourself. I have seen a lot of variations in the wiring of the models and over the years.

I would start checking out the plug from the engine loom to the main harness (that big round one). Write the pin numbers to wire colours down of  both cars and match them to the ETM. Then check function for function where they go.

With petrol engine swaps one can often get away with plugging in the other engine loom. But a tds is going to have a couple of different wires like the glow bulb in the cluster (potentially a different cluster as the tds only came with a "low" cluster),...etc.

Thanks for reply I intend swapping the dashboard so that takes care of most of it .it's only the wiring  to the abs ECU  & others under the rear seat..

Their are 3 body loom's in a E34

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/partxref?id=HD52-EUR-03-1995-E34-BMW-525i&mg=61&sg=05&diagId=61_0341&q=61118359928&series=E34

The cluster is different, so swapping the complete dash and cluster together would help.

I would not worry about the front loom

As long as you do not have EDC or ASC I would not worry excessivly, however it is saying that the body loom shown is only for M50 and M60 car's

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/partxref?id=HD52-EUR-03-1995-E34-BMW-525i&mg=61&sg=05&diagId=61_0341&q=61118359928&series=E34

I have just got a Tds in, so I can compare a Tds and M50'd car side by side if needed