Aaron_P85

Comfort seats in an M Sport?

Evening people - currently looking for a late F10 for the missus and not seeing many with comfort seats … does anybody know if we’re they an option on the MSport? Or just the SE?

1 hour ago, Aaron_P85 said:

Evening people - currently looking for a late F10 for the missus and not seeing many with comfort seats … does anybody know if we’re they an option on the MSport? Or just the SE?

Probably best asked in the F series tech section; you'll get better coverage and answers from other owners :)

Yes Comfort seats were an option on both M Sport and SE F10/11's.

I have them in my F11 520d SE and they are just superb!

7 hours ago, Aaron_P85 said:

Like hens teeth thus far, wish they were plug and play for retro fitting!

the search continues!

Worth seeking out if you can as came with Nappa leather which is slightly better quality than the std leather. Passenger seat has memory settings also .

Whenever I've looked at F10/F11s, I don't think I've ever seen an M Sport with Comfort seats. I suspect people buying M Sports were looking for a different 'experience' and part of that meant wanting the sportier look of the M Sport seats, so rarely ticked the Comfort seat box. I think I've seen Comforts fitted to Luxury models much more often, which probably makes sense, as those buyers were probably looking for more of a specced up, comfortable cruiser and were more likely to select options that fitted with that purpose.

I'm sure there are one or two out there, but you may be waiting a long time for one to come up (and it might not meet your other requirements, like age, mileage, price, etc. when it does).

The thing is that to the untrained eye they initially don't look that much different to Sports seats. Traders and some unknowledgeable private sellers might not know what they have so look out for the break in the plastic to the rear of the seat (seen from the rear passenger) that shows a split in it for the double adjustable back rest. The most obvious one is the number of buttons on the side of seat - they are 16 way adjustable.

Sports seats could have memory and lumbar added as an option also but don't have as many adjustment buttons. 

I did put this to her but she can’t stand the look of an SE, so would mean getting/painting bumpers… but then we’d have comforts …. Heads done in already haha 

My f11 M Sport has comforts along with oscillating (massaging) bases and ventilation (air cooled). ;)

C.