r0ryb

Smith and Allen oil

Morning guys can anyone tell me if smith and Allen momentum oil is any good. 

ED8169EB-9B8B-46DC-9309-C8AD813E2DF1.png

Never heard of them before. They look like a very small concern, not that this is necessarily a bad thing but for the amount miles these things do between changes I believe its worth using a decent brand. 

What I class as a bathtub outfit, taking a base oil and adding the correct chemicals to make it LL04 C3 spec, I'd happily use it with the same warning I give everyone, 8-10k service interval.

2 hours ago, sarahMtony said:

Never heard of them before. They look like a very small concern, not that this is necessarily a bad thing but for the amount miles these things do between changes I believe its worth using a decent brand. 

Smith & Allan have been in business since 1925 ;).

There ATF M1375.4 Lifeguard 6 oil was tested by an oil analysis lab & found to be the best blend compared to the ZF lifeguard 6. It was that good that it could have been from the same batch.

The ZF lifeguard 6 was found to be further from the specification than the Smith & Allan oil.

Also better than the Mannol offering & the others available.

As long as it's C3 LL04 BMW spec, use whatever you like. Just ensure you do regular changes - 10k miles max.

I give my mechanic friend money to share a barrel and this time around he's got TradeTec which has cost me significantly under £1/litre.

With the mileage my wife and I do it means we get 3 years worth of oil for both our cars for about £80-90.