Yes…however what i notice on mine is that when  i am on D and press the sport button, apart from the steering/throttle affect the gear shift points and slippage changes and in my opinion it is the best mode.  When on S/M mode and with sport button on, I noticed the shift points are and feel higher but seems you are trashing it as it shifts to the end and for me it captures the power loss band. That is why i am interested in the xhp maybe it gets better.

36 minutes ago, tallman85 said:

Yes…however what i notice on mine is that when  i am on D and press the sport button, apart from the steering/throttle affect the gear shift points and slippage changes and in my opinion it is the best mode.  When on S/M mode and with sport button on, I noticed the shift points are and feel higher but seems you are trashing it as it shifts to the end and for me it captures the power loss band. That is why i am interested in the xhp maybe it gets better.

Maybe I’m wrong with how they work then. I’ll check tomorrow. But I run stage 1 so can only comment on that. 

3 hours ago, roi354 said:

I get the jolt into 1st when coming to a stop. Does anyone know if the xHP maps overcome that?

I can't tell you yet because I need to do a couple of hundred miles on my box before flashing as I have just done a full fluid change.

But read my post on this in what have you done today :)

I was getting a shunt (drive line slack like feeling) when selecting reverse & D first thing in the morning also some quite abrupt / harsh shifts.

I've done 40 miles since my fluid exchange & so far so good, all shunt / abrupt / harsh shifts gone.

All shifts almost undetectable except for the drop of the rev counter, also in 18 months & 16k miles reverse selection has never been so nice :)

If you find this info helpful, give me a like everyone likes a like ;)

5 hours ago, roi354 said:

I get the jolt into 1st when coming to a stop. Does anyone know if the xHP maps overcome that?

Yes and it’s the reason why I started using XHP. my box now tends to just be more committed to the gear it’s in to get you going. The standard Bmw software tends to drop into 1st when you demand power and then it goes with a clunk and bang and unsettles everything. Now, if it’s in 2nd it just stays in it, slips the torque converter and away you go. 

4 hours ago, dirtydirtydiesel said:

I can't tell you yet because I need to do a couple of hundred miles on my box before flashing as I have just done a full fluid change.

But read my post on this in what have you done today :)

I was getting a shunt (drive line slack like feeling) when selecting reverse & D first thing in the morning also some quite abrupt / harsh shifts.

I've done 40 miles since my fluid exchange & so far so good, all shunt / abrupt / harsh shifts gone.

All shifts almost undetectable except for the drop of the rev counter, also in 18 months & 16k miles reverse selection has never been so nice :)

If you find this info helpful, give me a like everyone likes a like ;)

Thanks, you 'likes' whore you :P

2 hours ago, iReaper1157 said:

Yes and it’s the reason why I started using XHP. my box now tends to just be more committed to the gear it’s in to get you going. The standard Bmw software tends to drop into 1st when you demand power and then it goes with a clunk and bang and unsettles everything. Now, if it’s in 2nd it just stays in it, slips the torque converter and away you go. 

Thanks. Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. Coming from an F06 6 series the box in my E61 is a real step back in time (which it literally is!).

On 6/19/2021 at 4:16 PM, iReaper1157 said:

When you knock it over to S/M that’s the same map as if the sport button is pressed but doesn’t change the steering feeling. 
If you manually change up that’ll change to the sport map too but will pop itself back into drive after a delay of input. Knocking it over to S/M and manually changing gear gives true manual mode. Towing maps are untouched and goes into towing mode when the electrics are plugged in and resistance is felt. 

Hi mate,

So if I'm reading what you posted above correctly,  after I've flashed xHP stage 1.or 2 ect.

When I hook up my caravan & start towing the car will recognise this & apply the towing mode ?

11 hours ago, dirtydirtydiesel said:

Hi mate,

So if I'm reading what you posted above correctly,  after I've flashed xHP stage 1.or 2 ect.

When I hook up my caravan & start towing the car will recognise this & apply the towing mode ?

Yes mate. Nothing changes at all for towing. No matter what xHP map you run.