Black

Appreciating Asset?

I have noticed that my 520i value has come to the point where it is 6 months old and I can sell it and walk away with more money than I put in. That got me looking at a Tesla. I now think I am going to swap it for a base model Tesla Model 3. Pram & car seat fits in fine, and that was the reason I got the 5!

I just don't know if I can push the button and commit.

2 minutes ago, Daaaavvveee said:

I have noticed that my 520i value has come to the point where it is 6 months old and I can sell it and walk away with more money than I put in. That got me looking at a Tesla. I now think I am going to swap it for a base model Tesla Model 3. Pram & car seat fits in fine, and that was the reason I got the 5!

I just don't know if I can push the button and commit.

That’s precisely what I’ve done. Model 3 Standard Range Plus ordered in August and due for delivery at the end of this month.

If you haven’t already, have a test drive. That made my mind up.

Also watch this YouTube channel for some real insight into ownership, range and performance.

https://youtu.be/qgBdUGH9xqI

https://youtu.be/jYsSza_bd4s

6 minutes ago, Lord Farquad said:

That’s precisely what I’ve done. Model 3 Standard Range Plus ordered in August and due for delivery at the end of this month.

Also watch this YouTube channel for some real insight into ownership, range and performance.

I had a test drive of the performance version yesterday, hence why I contacted BMW/ WBAC motorway.co.uk today to get prices for mine...... Just don't know whether to pay for a colour. And do I sell mine now, or wait until November(Next delivery slots for Tesla) and hope I can sort it out then?

Try Arnold Clark too, they’re offering top prices.

I went white, but wish I could justify red (but for £2k extra that’s frankly ridiculous).

If you do order, I’d keep yours and keep an eye on the WBAC price (as a guide). Mines actually gone up over the last month! If they do start to slide, just sell it then.

Have you looked at the service costs of Tesla? Basically nothing….

They’re a compelling package currently. The new i4 looks competitive but it’s much more expensive.

7 minutes ago, Lord Farquad said:

Try Arnold Clark too, they’re offering top prices.

I went white, but wish I could justify red (but for £2k extra that’s frankly ridiculous).

If you do order, I’d keep yours and keep an eye on the WBAC price (as a guide). Mines actually gone up over the last month! If they do start to slide, just sell it then.

Have you looked at the service costs of Tesla? Basically nothing….

They’re a compelling package currently. The new i4 looks competitive but it’s much more expensive.

I will try those now, WBAC just offered 39k, Motorway offered 41.2k. Hoping BMW may offer similar. 

After I drove it I new I had to have one, the inside is brilliant and the tech really makes me want to get it! Think I will put the deposit down tomorrow, then just wait to get rid of mine until Nov. Its that, or sell now and buy a banger until it comes!

Arnold clark £39,382 

Edited by Daaaavvveee

I was reading that with the introduction of Euro 7 , emissions control and management will become an order of magnitude more difficult. Thats in 2025

I think that would essentially kill the ICE power trains - thats less than 4 years away 

Does that make a Euro 6 car more or less valuable looking forward. It seems hard to say 

I think the B48 engine shows that BMW is ending it on a very strong winning streak. There aint much point in an electric BMW 

On 9/12/2021 at 7:48 PM, Daaaavvveee said:

I will try those now, WBAC just offered 39k, Motorway offered 41.2k. Hoping BMW may offer similar. 

After I drove it I new I had to have one, the inside is brilliant and the tech really makes me want to get it! Think I will put the deposit down tomorrow, then just wait to get rid of mine until Nov. Its that, or sell now and buy a banger until it comes!

Arnold clark £39,382 

Had a bit of a stonking offer from Cazoo, so its booked in to be picked up my them on Tuesday! I will update if they pay what's quoted!

Edited by Daaaavvveee

On 9/12/2021 at 7:24 PM, Lord Farquad said:

I take it your Model 3 turned up? I have amended my order now to a Long Range, you can then add the “go faster” upgrade which just happened a over “the air”.

delivery for me is November!!

.....So today is the day, my 5 series is being picked up shortly and I managed to nab an in stock Tesla Model 3 LR in Blue for collection Thursday!

Hope I don't miss the 5 too much!

7 hours ago, Daaaavvveee said:

.....So today is the day, my 5 series is being picked up shortly and I managed to nab an in stock Tesla Model 3 LR in Blue for collection Thursday!

Hope I don't miss the 5 too much!

Cazoo were brilliant, 20 minutes and the funds were transferred. I would definitely recommend them

On 9/25/2021 at 5:34 AM, Daaaavvveee said:

I take it your Model 3 turned up? I have amended my order now to a Long Range, you can then add the “go faster” upgrade which just happened a over “the air”.

delivery for me is November!!

It certainly did. Picked it up last week and so far I’m very impressed. Build quality, ride and refinement are BMW level. The technology and performance are addictive. The user interface (which was my biggest worry having used I drive for ever) is intuitive and slick.

It’s even exactly as efficient as it’s advertised, which is a novelty after ICE ownership.

The instant performance is epic, if this is the future, that’s fine by me.

It's still a mad world out there. I could make just shy of £2k profit on my 540i, nearly 6-months after buying it. I'm not tempted (well, a little bit) as I still love it dearly.

23 hours ago, RobM said:

It's still a mad world out there. I could make just shy of £2k profit on my 540i, nearly 6-months after buying it. I'm not tempted (well, a little bit) as I still love it dearly.

So with discount I bought my 520i Touring M Sport Edition with Comfort pack for £39,400......I had it for 6 months then sold it to Cazoo for £44,100.

6 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

That's incredible - trouble is surely its replacement is more expensive too?

I went with a Blue Tesla Model 3, Long Range, really happy with it!

Cazoo are currently offering about 1k more than the new price for that too!

On 19/10/2021 at 16:52, RobM said:

I'm in the same situation as you with my 12 month old 540i, after talking to my local dealer! Used 540i were in short supply even before the microprocessor shortage ...

On 20/10/2021 at 15:56, duncan-uk said:

That's incredible - trouble is surely its replacement is more expensive too?

Indeed, its all relative if you are buying again.