Sign in to follow this  
AdamB

E39 Indicator flash on unlock

I’d like my indicators to flash when I unlock (like they do when the car locks)…

how do I do this?

thanks.

I’ve got inpa and the suite of programs that come with the cableshack package.

also got intravee, but to be honest, I’m starting to think I might be better off properly coding stuff so it still works if I decide to fit an aftermarket stereo.

It would probably be in NCS Expert, I think I noticed that when I was last in there, that was a long time ago though! From a bad memory I think you also use NCS Dummy as part of the rather involved process. There are a number of guides on YouTube etc on how to use it. 

Thanks.

ncs expert not working on my laptop currently, something about wrong version for my windows 10.

wondering if Pa soft might be an easier option?

On 11/07/2021 at 10:07, AdamB said:

Thanks.

ncs expert not working on my laptop currently, something about wrong version for my windows 10.

wondering if Pa soft might be an easier option?

I’ve not got Pa soft so don’t know. 

Jimmy actually includes a very useful installation help text file with the Cable Shack package, I’d forgotten about it, then found it after asking him stupid questions! He had actually put all the answers I needed to get my package working again in that (its after the install info). If you find that but still can’t get NCS to work try messaging him, the contact details are in that help file. 

The option is in the coding of the GM3 (ZKE) module. The NCSexpert/NCS Dummy combo is probably the easiest way to do the job. I can't remember how the option is called but it will be pretty self explanatory. If you look through the coding of the module, you will find it. 

Edited by vkristof01

So @jimmy was very kind and sent me an updated file so NCS expert would work.

I just need to go back in and see how to load the profile.

I’ve got a day off/at home on Monday, so hoping I can get it all plugged in and sorted then.

do I need to run dummy and expert at the same time?

Use expert v3 (4.01) profile along with bct250, open both and you will see in bct window how to open ncs and read the trace file you need, 

then go back to bct and load the trace file, then click on translate and you will see all options available just double click it then tick box from not active to active, save file then back to ncs, check its correct job (sg_coderin) and process job, thats it, you cant go wrong if you follow bct direction on screen.

On 7/17/2021 at 1:21 PM, jimmy said:

Use expert v3 (4.01) profile along with bct250, open both and you will see in bct window how to open ncs and read the trace file you need, 

then go back to bct and load the trace file, then click on translate and you will see all options available just double click it then tick box from not active to active, save file then back to ncs, check its correct job (sg_coderin) and process job, thats it, you cant go wrong if you follow bct direction on screen.

Does this need to be done whilst plugged in to the car?

Or can it be set up beforehand?

seem to keep getting errors.

also, do I need to select chassis / module in bct before I start? Which module does the alarm/lights?

which ecu do I need to select in expert?

sorry for all questions, but I just need a dummies guide.

yes you need to connect to the car, there is no setting up bct will tell you what to do, you dont select anything in bct you select and read the module in ncs then open it in bct, shoulden't get any errors connected to car,  if you are then need to know what they are to be able to help,  as said above GM3 module, lighting is LCM module,

plug into car and try its very easy to follow.

2 hours ago, jimmy said:

yes you need to connect to the car, there is no setting up bct will tell you what to do, you dont select anything in bct you select and read the module in ncs then open it in bct, shoulden't get any errors connected to car,  if you are then need to know what they are to be able to help,  as said above GM3 module, lighting is LCM module,

plug into car and try its very easy to follow.

All done! 

thankyou very much!

I can see how some people say it can get a little confusing if trying to configure more than one item.

doing things one at a time seems to make sense, because you can always go back a step.

i now have single flash for lock, and double flash for unlock. Just nice to have a bit of visual acknowledgement when I press the remote fob buttons.