Sign in to follow this  
iReaper1157

I need a new rear subframe. How to go about it.

I have two little lugs broken. They are by the concentric Bolt/washer thats used to adjust your rear camber and sit slightly proud of the washer and is used to guide it. It’s been like this since I’ve had the car (so more than 3 years). But I have adverse camber on that side now after an adjustment about a year ago. So I’m thinking of just putting a rear subframe in it. It’s a 61 and I’ve been thinking what’s the best way to go about it. 
have the adjustment made for now, buy a complete rear end, change all the bushes on it in my garage and then have that all swapped over at the mechanics then have the adjusts made again. 
Or just get a rear frame, change the bushes in the frame and have that changed over and stick with my arms and suspension components and old bushes and all. 

decisions decisions.  

IMO if you're swapping the whole of the rear subframe out. It'd make a lot of sense to rebuild it on the bench and then swap it all over in one go

It's all got to come out; so may as well fit all new arms and what not whilst it's off the car and then do it in one swoop etc

Well the decision has been taken out my hands. I went in for the alignment today and the the concentric bolt has span as far out of adjustment as it could go, I had a ripped up tyre. So seems it has to be done now and I have no time to do it how I wanted to. 
map a breakers is sorting me out with a subframe, all the arms and hubs and the garage is changing it all over for me. No time to rebush everything as I wanted so that’ll have to be done as and when it’s needed. 

On 6/1/2021 at 7:47 PM, iReaper1157 said:

Well the decision has been taken out my hands. I went in for the alignment today and the the concentric bolt has span as far out of adjustment as it could go, I had a ripped up tyre. So seems it has to be done now and I have no time to do it how I wanted to. 
map a breakers is sorting me out with a subframe, all the arms and hubs and the garage is changing it all over for me. No time to rebush everything as I wanted so that’ll have to be done as and when it’s needed. 

Shame, as a skilled tyre place could have done the job with some vice grips & then you could have gone ahead

with your refurbishment plans. 

13 hours ago, dirtydirtydiesel said:

Shame, as a skilled tyre place could have done the job with some vice grips & then you could have gone ahead

with your refurbishment plans. 

Done what with the grips mate? 

Could you not find someone who can ally weld a bracket on for you and then set up the wheel alignment?

Check the diff bushes and oil seals too, as now would be a ideal time to sort them.. Appreciate its one of those jobs of where do you stop.

After a bit of a hunt I found the parts I needed. So a subframe, all the arms and hubs is all going in tomorrow then a 4 wheel alignment to be done after. 
the subframe and arms that are coming out are to be stripped down. Rebush what is worth rebushing and keep them as spares in case anything is needed on the rear. Sell the hubs tho, although I can’t see any demand for them. 

608E8D82-DC8C-4B37-BE28-5F5AC5E06DA7.jpeg

8 hours ago, dirtydirtydiesel said:

Sounds like the grease monkey that did the work doesn't understand these car's ?

No I don’t think he does. He’s my neighbour and a good lad but no. I think it might only be one side that’s not pumped up so it might be mechanical. Any ideas what it would be if it’s all connected up as it’s supposed to be?

If it was all ok before the work, I'd be checking all the parts that were disturbed 

If the pump is working ok & pumping up one side then it's possibly a faulty diverter block

Or a leaking airline or a level sensor.

@GoNz0 ideas m8?

1 hour ago, dirtydirtydiesel said:

If it was all ok before the work, I'd be checking all the parts that were disturbed 

If the pump is working ok & pumping up one side then it's possibly a faulty diverter block

@GoNz0 ideas m8?

All sorted now thanks mate. The level sensor on the new parts I supplied was damaged in transit somehow. Taken the one which was originally on my car and everything came to life. 

21 hours ago, dirtydirtydiesel said:

@GoNz0 ideas m8?

Yeah, I think it's a faulty level sensor :)

:ph34r::lol:

5 hours ago, GoNz0 said:

Yeah, I think it's a faulty level sensor :)

:ph34r::lol:

:lol: thank goodness you are here haha. 

I’m tomorrow’s job is cleaning the diversity antenna in the hope I get the ability to lock/unlock my car from more than half a meter away.