abettertomorrow

Check control service reset - how?!?

Hi

I have a 2011 facelift x5 diesel 40d and I can’t get the thing to stop telling me to change the brake pads! I’ve changed front pads and sensor and shorted rear sensor at plug. Both front and rear reset via the dash button reset procedure and now all showing green but the check control menu still shows change brake pads. This doesn’t come up as an option scrolling through menu to reset so how the hell do I get rid of it please? See pics and help appreciated

E4C32D4A-CE3F-4973-930B-E83BBF183726.jpeg

75AD28DD-E9FD-4689-941E-E53FDD126F63.jpeg

FEF878DA-AD9E-4DA2-974B-A60A3363B98A.jpeg

On my 5 series i had to renew the brake wear sensor before the system allowed me to reset it.

The olsd one looked fine but obviously not the case.....

These are reset via the secret menu accessed via the little dashboard trip rest. There are many youtube videos, just search for BMW secret menu.

Atlastabeema stated correctly in the first post when he stated "had to renew the brake wear sensor before the system allowed me to reset it". I have had customers come to see me with fresh brake pads and worn sensors.  If you change the pads before the warning light goes red, then you can reset it.  Replace the sensors and your issue will be resolved.