Sign in to follow this  
Sunnyd74

Wobbling

Hi guys thought I’d introduce myself.. as a newbie… names sunny and a I drive a BMW 520D GT  (soon to upgrade) 

so I’ve got an slight issue… cars drives normal but when driving at high speed eg… 50/60mph and then braking it starts to wobble. Has anyone had any issues like this if so where should I start looking 

I would check front brake discs first, if they're worn out unevenly you'll feel wobble/vibrations when braking:) also welcome to the forum!:D

Edited by Rimvyz

Welcome to the Forum, I would recommend getting a 4 wheel laser alignment. 

Vibration under braking 

If it's felt thru the brake pedal then its likely discs with hot spots causing snatching of the brake pads giving the sensation of warped discs, or corrosion between the hub to disc mating face and the disc to alloy wheel mating face.

If it's felt thru the steering wheel its likely to be worn suspension components, more likely the tension arms.

Sounds like warped brake discs to me. Should be easy to check by taking off a wheel and clamping a metal rod or something (assuming you don't have a dial test indicator) to the suspension so that it just touches the side of the disc and then rotate the wheel.

On 24/05/2021 at 13:12, Sunnyd74 said:

50/60mph and then braking it starts to wobble.

I would also say disc's if its only when brakes applied. 

If so new discs and pads there not cheap either.  

Edited by marko530d