billy2981

F10 535d wiper trouble

Hello,

has anyone any idea why my wipers are either on full, fast or off?

When I put my wipers on no matter where I put the setting roller to they are always sweeping no matter how much rain is coming down, even when there is none?

When I stop the car they go to intermittent but then sweep like they are on.

It's passing me off.

Tia

Ps no faults showing for it on ista

I'll assume you're pushing the button at the end of the wiper stalk to get them on Auto (with the green light illuminated)? If you do anything else i.e. move the stalk up you'll put the wipers on slow or fast only - and when you stop they'll go to intermittent (because BMW).

cheers mate,

Ive owned the car now since Feb and didnt know this............

moved the car this morning and pushed the end button and HEY PRESTO!!!!!

FFS BMW what are you playing at!

I thought it would have been like my E39.  Didnt think the button had 2 functions. 

cheers again

Now you've done that you can marvel at the way it completely ignores any of the choices you make with the roller and wonder at how the wipers move with no rain and then steadfastly refuse to budge when in the middle of a deluge.

25 minutes ago, jannism said:

Now you've done that you can marvel at the way it completely ignores any of the choices you make with the roller and wonder at how the wipers move with no rain and then steadfastly refuse to budge when in the middle of a deluge.

No better in the G30. You can drive along with rain accumulating on the windscreen until just when you’re about to give them a nudge the wipers decide to activate, then a few minutes later with no appreciable change in rainfall they’re throwing themselves around like dervishes. Irritating!

On 24/05/2021 at 17:47, jannism said:

How true. Many's the time I have pondered on what strange algorythm drives the behaviour of the wipers, and moreover what stranger algorythm re-writes the strange algorythm before the start of every downpour.

On 25/05/2021 at 17:54, JCP said:

How true. Many's the time I have pondered on what strange algorythm drives the behaviour of the wipers, and moreover what stranger algorythm re-writes the strange algorythm before the start of every downpour.

Think it's fair to say that algorithm ain't got no rhythm.

I've just noticed that the word rhythm doesn't contain any vowels. It's inconsonant. Maybe it has irritable vowel syndrome. I'll get my coat.

1 hour ago, jannism said:

Think it's fair to say that algorithm ain't got no rhythm.

I've just noticed that the word rhythm doesn't contain any vowels. It's inconsonant. Maybe it has irritable vowel syndrome. I'll get my coat.

Hyphenated

Non-Hyphenated

I'll just leave that there.