11 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

The UK one on ebay had most appeal for me to the extent it was in my watch list but the others were not.

Its not jap imports per se that put me off but i'm always a little sceptical.

I mean look at Dan's death trap.... B)

ducan was saying this with his tongue firmly in his cheek :P

Have you seen Dan's car in his project link :wub:

12 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

The UK one on ebay had most appeal for me to the extent it was in my watch list but the others were not.

Its not jap imports per se that put me off but i'm always a little sceptical.

I mean look at Dan's death trap.... B)

:mrgreen:

Deadlier by the day :lol: 

Edited by d_a_n1979

Incase anyone missed it there's a high spec E61 550i on the e60/61 FB group just popped up, LCI with SAT auto

52 minutes ago, max535 said:

Incase anyone missed it there's a high spec E61 550i on the e60/61 FB group just popped up, LCI with SAT auto

Link to group please? And/or to car?

Edited by Coyne

Go to Facebook 

BMW E60/61 driver's group (for sale group, not the main one)

You need to join to view it (private group)

I've just veiwed it for you,

07 plate, Carbon Black, 126k £8995

Quite a high spec car but I know you want low mileage.

Edited by dirtydirtydiesel

Valve stem oil seals, vanos oil seals, upper timing chain gaskets, lower timing chain gaskets, cylinder head cover gaskets, alternator bracket oil seal. The N62s in all sizes like the loose their vital fluid out of numerous seals.  6HP26 transmissions will also be a weak point on them too.

They are the proverbial wolf in sheep's clothing tho.  Looks like a 520d, but with a nuclear bomb under the bonnet. No such thing as no overtaking in one of them.

But if that and the fact it needs lots of LL04* and VPower** doesn't put you off, it will give you grin factor like nothing else when giving it the berries.

*8 litres per oil change.

** 22mpg av when having fun.

Thanks for your input Andrew. I appreciate the heads up on those issues. 

I've read that these engines have a penchant for leaking oil. Will BMW ever get a V8 right? :wacko:

Despite the problems they throw up, they still really appeal. There's not much choice as far as large RWD, powerful estates go that don't cost ridiculous money.

The E61 is aging nicely too, as long as they're not Barry'd up...

9 hours ago, dirtydirtydiesel said:

Go to Facebook 

BMW E60/61 driver's group (for sale group, not the main one)

You need to join to view it (private group)

I've just veiwed it for you,

07 plate, Carbon Black, 126k £8995

Quite a high spec car but I know you want low mileage.

Thanks for the heads up. It looks decent actually, great spec and cool interior. As you rightly pointed out though, I'd prefer something with lower miles. Really appreciate the pointer though, thanks :cool:

I cannot see this video but my driver seat in e60 2008 and 190,000 looks like new. Unless it was owned by a sumo, the car is clocked. I cannot see the steering wheel... the show the mileage if original... mine started peeling at around 60k 70k miles but not showing at 40k when i bought it.

The idrive is the 2008 one... this car was built in 2008 and sat ( or worse.. ) somewhere until 2010. 

At that price, the car should be amazing. 

43 minutes ago, reggie59 said:

Finally, do you know the road tax is 500 quid a year on these?

Yep, aware of the road tax thank you mate.

Glad there's someone else that agrees that there's something off about this car.

I wondered if the "gap" in the history was where some big miles occurred, and then it's had a haircut to bring it back into line mileage-wise.

It's definitely sat for a while as you say, the VIN decoder shows it as an 08 build. I'm giving it a swerve.

Edited by Coyne

Looked at that car on ebay too and its a strange one. Like many here said its seat is not great,bodywork is not ideal. It feels that there is something is off,doesnt feel right.

It would be nice to get sat transmission,cic multimedia system etc. I love e60 bmw,i think those are one of the best looking bmw's in my opinion,but that one is priced high,so in order to pay that much money it has to be in top condition and spec.

Hope you are going to find your perfect one.

Good luck

6 hours ago, reggie59 said:

Finally, do you know the road tax is 500 quid a year on these?

Yup, post 2006 is full bhoona, mine was an 04 so last tax I paid was £260 I think.  

Basically 545i cheaper tax, 550i top whack tax.  Yet a poisonous set of Lithium batteries in a fugly Tesla is £0 road tax.  That's not right.

But the 545i are ULEZ compliant.  Why have a hateful/soulless Prius when you can literally smoke around London in a V8?

Get one while you still can before Greta and the other snowflake millennials ban them completely. 

15 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

But the 545i are ULEZ compliant.  Why have a hateful/soulless Prius when you can literally smoke around London in a V8?

You mean the smoke from all the oil getting past the valve stem oil seals with all that idling ?  :mrgreen: