kodachrome

Nightmare sourcing a Brake Pedal for a Manual conversion

So I'm in New Zealand but Im converting a UK import 1983 525i from a (very slow) M30B25 to a (very smooth) M54B30. All the hard bits like engine mounts and electrics and remapping has all gone to my carefully laid plans.

What I didn't expect was the fiasco that is the manual version pedals. 

I initially bought a complete setup but then I realised (thanks to my mechanic) that LHD and RHD are different pedal setups. Ok that was my bad.

Then we found that there are two versions (early and later) of the E28 pedal setups, so I had to buy the hyper-expensive chassis mounted master cylinder. Ok.. so now just get the pedals right?  Checked everywhere in NZ, rang BMW who told me half the stuff is NLA and I was SOL.. 

Found places on online to order who then contacted me to say they also cannot source the one fairly major part I'm missing: the brake pedal. 

http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/E28/Europe/525i-M30/R-M/browse/pedals/pedals_stop_light_switch_2/

Part #7  35211152013

Im basically going down the list of anyone selling or breaking RHD E28's, anywhere in the world to find... whats essentially a metal stick. Its just a pedal, of all things to be held up on, this wasnt one I thought of!

Anyone got any ideas or one to sell me?  

TL'DR: I need an e28 early model manual brake pedal.  A complete manual pedal setup would also be an option.

Edited by kodachrome

What do you have for the manual conversion? Do you have pictures of the parts you have? I have done a manual conversion of an auto and could not get a brake pedal but found a solution. Pictures of your parts may help.

Hi! I won't have photos of all parts till I get stuff delivered from around the world, but I think I have everything in the link/diagram above except the brake pedal. 

Attached is an image of my stock early model bracket and "auto" version brake pedal. 

What was your solution? 

20210430_135703.jpg

Just "Google" the part no and several sources appear, try Ivo Christov, he breaks BMW e28s, LH drive I know but you never know your luck!

12 hours ago, Taffy 1 said:

Just "Google" the part no and several sources appear, try Ivo Christov, he breaks BMW e28s, LH drive I know but you never know your luck!

That's definitely what I was doing :) .   The problem is those places are actually sourcing from BMW. I've placed orders and then get a email a day later stating its NLA. 

I may have sourced  a used setup however..