G30B57

Michelin Problems

I've just had all four Michelin Primacy 3 run-flats replaced with the same again and the new ones seem far less forgiving over broken surfaces. There's also a vibration at all speeds from 20mph upwards which doesn't feel like wheel balance.

I'm in dispute with Michelin as I feel the compound has been changed - the ride comfort, even with the adaptive suspension, is far worse now. Pressures are 31f/34r but it feels like the tyres are massively over-inflated.

I replaced the Primacy 2s on my F10 with Michelin Super Sports non-runflats and the difference was incredible but, unfortunately, these are no longer manufactured - so I'm contemplating either Pilot Sport 4 or Dunlop Sport Maxx rt2.

Can anyone offer any useful insight, please?

I have the Michelin Primacy 4 non-runflats in 17" on my G31 and they have been absolutely fine. Comfortable, quiet and no vibration.

I’ve moved to non RFT Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3s on my G31 on staggered 19’s. They’re noticeably more supple than the RFT versions, quieter and offer good grip wet and dry. 
I’m normally a Pirelli guy but these suit the G31 really well.

Hi

I just managed to get a credit for 4 new Michelin runflats for my G31. Original Primacy 3 runflats started to crack. Took ages to get approved but once it was passed to the correct department it was approved. Voucher for 4 primacy 4 runflats to be claimed within 3 years. Tired were 3 years old with about 3-4mm thread left.

Tyre warranty lasts until legal min thread.

Edited by vgnfs

On 4/28/2021 at 5:12 PM, G30B57 said:

I've just had all four Michelin Primacy 3 run-flats replaced with the same again and the new ones seem far less forgiving over broken surfaces. There's also a vibration at all speeds from 20mph upwards which doesn't feel like wheel balance.

I'm in dispute with Michelin as I feel the compound has been changed - the ride comfort, even with the adaptive suspension, is far worse now. Pressures are 31f/34r but it feels like the tyres are massively over-inflated.

I replaced the Primacy 2s on my F10 with Michelin Super Sports non-runflats and the difference was incredible but, unfortunately, these are no longer manufactured - so I'm contemplating either Pilot Sport 4 or Dunlop Sport Maxx rt2.

Can anyone offer any useful insight, please?

Pilot Sport 4 S are the replacements for Pilot Supersports if you want to replace like for like. Pilot Sport 4 is a lower performance tyre

On 03/05/2021 at 22:32, Zerouali said:

Pilot Sport 4 S are the replacements for Pilot Supersports if you want to replace like for like. Pilot Sport 4 is a lower performance tyre

Pilot Sport 4S isn’t available in 245/40R19 so that’s not an option, unfortunately. I’m more interested in ride comfort than outright performance, which is why I’m considering the Dunlops. I’ve had the Pilot Sport 3 on my wife’s Polo and they’re really firm riding.