Boba

Grrr!!!!

Came back to the car outside B&Q this afternoon to find that some b*****d had dumped either a shopping bag or something from the store on my bonnet then dragged it off leaving scuffs and rub marks down the bonnet. Been off to see the valet guy and he reckons it’s not through the paint so a machine polish should recover it then it’ll need the bonnet re-ceramic-coating. Overnight to cure the ceramic and £100+ because of some thoughtless ignorant jerk!

22 minutes ago, Stressed said:

Ask B&Q for their CCTV and report to the police as criminal damage. You can submit CCTV on line to the police

thanks. It’s not a B&Q park and they don’t cover that far away from their frontage but I’ve phoned the parking company and waiting to hear.

Edited by Boba

I feel your pain mate!!!

I once went to an industrial estate to collect some items and had to park some distance in order to ensure the car was safely parked. When I came back some low life decided to use my boot lid to place their coffee cup on and left their unfinished drink just sitting there!!!

Last I looked at my boot lid, it looks nothing like a coffee table!!!!

I feel your pain too. I had my car fully detailed and ceramic coated in August 2019 at considerable cost, then in November 2019, this happened in my drive whilst parked. 99% sure it was the takeaway delivery driver the night before but couldn’t prove it, police did nothing. 

F49D96BC-640E-4ED9-B2C3-338F01B52E46.jpeg

I too feel your pain! Mine was 6 days old, 88 miles on the clock and fully ceramic coated when Bambi decided to commit suicide across the front of the car. 3 weeks in the body shop and then re-coated! Obviously the ceramic coating is not as tough as they claim :mrgreen:

15 hours ago, ally said:

I feel your pain too

2 hours ago, Mr H said:

I too feel your pain!

I’ll have to stop complaining about my little damage compared with you! Really gets to you when you’re keen on keeping the car in good nick.

8 hours ago, Boba said:

I’ll have to stop complaining about my little damage compared with you! Really gets to you when you’re keen on keeping the car in good nick.

Mine was the worst so far. My wife parked within a space, hadn't blocked anyone's way. Then went for a dinner and this was what happened to the car after we came back. NCP's CCTV didn't cover this corner. Ended up paying the repair bill myself.

Screenshot 2021-04-16 at 20.59.40.png

Screenshot 2021-04-16 at 21.05.48.png

14 hours ago, q96169we said:

Mine was the worst so far.

Nah! Mine was new bonnet, grill and front bumper followed by re-application of ceramic coating :mrgreen:

On 4/17/2021 at 11:45 AM, Mr H said:

Nah! Mine was new bonnet, grill and front bumper followed by re-application of ceramic coating :mrgreen:

Haha, race begins. If I sent my car to BMW to repair, they would need to change rear door, rear quarter pannel and rear bumper. Otherwise, they said it won't meet BMW's repair standard.

Sorry to hear that mate - one of my biggest hates is lack of respect for other people’s property. Seem like this was a combination of that and just pure stupidity. 

On the plus side, your ceramic coating has probably saved your paint a bit. 

Hope it gets sorted ok. 

1 hour ago, q96169we said:

Haha, race begins.

:mrgreen: I didn't mention all the internal plastic bits that were shattered and had to be replaced as well e.g. headlight washer and mounting!!! Worst bit though, was having to drive around in the loaner Mini for 3 weeks!

Edited by Mr H

On 15/04/2021 at 17:13, Stressed said:

Ask B&Q for their CCTV and report to the police as criminal damage. You can submit CCTV on line to the police

They won't give it to you or even let you look at it because of data protection law. Been there.

22 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

They won't give it to you or even let you look at it because of data protection law. Been there.

Yep, that's right. You will either need to call your insurance company and let them instruct someone who has the permission to do so, or you need to let the police do it for you.

On 4/20/2021 at 12:38 PM, Mr H said:

:mrgreen: I didn't mention all the internal plastic bits that were shattered and had to be replaced as well e.g. headlight washer and mounting!!! Worst bit though, was having to drive around in the loaner Mini for 3 weeks!

Haha, let's call it even then.