Coming soon, looks very nice in the pic’s although it will need a new set of tyres as they’re all starting to perish.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1999-bmw-e39-m5-1

Edited by Paddy O'Furniture

Highly unusual seeing Caramel Heritage Leather against Silverstone... doesn't look too bad IMO. Overall it looks a nice car, low miles but a shame they never facelifted the rear lights as they did with the fronts.

C.

Looks great... Agreed on the rear lights ^^^ also I wonder if the interior trim has been replaced as there is no TPMS button on the left of the steering wheel.

With the low mileage and excellent looking paintwork that should command a hefty tag. 

It was advertised elsewhere prior to going live on CC @ £27.5k.

The colour combo isn’t going to be to everyone’s taste! I love the interior, but struggle when it’s paired with Silverstone.

45 minutes ago, Steve van hool said:

A beige interior  is completely the wrong colour for a Silverstone M5, it's a shame, as it looks very straight on the body.

It's Caramel (e39 M5 Specific) which is very different, a much richer colour and works well with the Black Dash, Door Cards etc. Admittedly not most peoples first choice on a lighter coloured car, however it certainly makes it stand out from the standard fayre seen on Silverstone cars.

All IMO of course.

C.

37 minutes ago, cableguy said:

It's Caramel (e39 M5 Specific) which is very different, a much richer colour and works well with the Black Dash, Door Cards etc. Admittedly not most peoples first choice on a lighter coloured car, however it certainly makes it stand out from the standard fayre seen on Silverstone cars.

All IMO of course.

C.

Agree; I think it's a lovely looking motor and I like the contrasting interior... Much nicer than boring black etc

3 hours ago, Steve van hool said:

A beige interior  is completely the wrong colour for a Silverstone M5, it's a shame, as it looks very straight on the body.

Cars with odd specs or cars that didn't sell well when new usually become more valuable than the rest over time. 

Would I pick that interior when it was new.....probably not.

But now, I kind of like it :unsure:

Edited by Davidwood

It is strange how some cars suit certain colours, both interior and exterior, green paint, and a beige interior suit a jaguar, or a Stag, less so on a BMW, I once saw a silver Triumph Stag, didn't look right, but suits a bmw to a tee. Black, grey, olive green, and at a push red, suit BMW interiors, beige, sand, and caramel, don't suit the marque, just my two cents.

44 minutes ago, smaster said:

Im looking for an M5 myself, looks lovely but its a shame its not a facelift. 

If anyone knows of anyone selling one please message me privately. 

What do you want to spend?

I know of one but he's not advertised it yet due to a family emergency but it will be for sale soon

On 10/04/2021 at 19:21, Piper said:

I remember when these were 6k on eBay :(

And it wasn't so long ago in the grand scheme of things... my current one was just over £7k in 2014 and was more than I really wanted to spend... these days you'd probably have to spend 50% more to find one that is running....

Edited by Seesure

2 minutes ago, Seesure said:

And it wasn't so long ago in the grand scheme of things... my current one was just over £7k in 2014 and was more than I really wanted to spend... these days you'd probably have to spend 50% more to find one that is running....

The prices have gone through the roof... Good for M5 owners, not good for those looking to buy one :roll: :lol: 

Look how cheap the M5 was on WD and that's the one that gets mentioned all the time... Less than £5k etc...

You'd struggle to get a decent, looked after E39 530i now for less than £5k, a 540i even more so!

1 hour ago, Seesure said:

Just over £7k got me into a facelift M5, in 2016, and came with a whole host of improvements, over the non facelift model, hindsight being a wonderful thing.

These prices aren't sustainable. Once furlough ends and the recession starts prices will crash.

54 minutes ago, Piper said:

These prices aren't sustainable. Once furlough ends and the recession starts prices will crash.

You didn't see the article in yesterday's, prices for the XR4i, Audi Quattro, Lancia Integral, and a few others, have gone stratospheric following lockdown.

2 hours ago, Steve van hool said:

You didn't see the article in yesterday's, prices for the XR4i, Audi Quattro, Lancia Integral, and a few others, have gone stratospheric following lockdown.

Yeah, but furlough is still going. We are in for big inflation and a huge recession, it's inevitable.

£20,000 M5s will be worth £10,000 within 18 months.

3 hours ago, Piper said:

People don;t like hearing this though.

I think some car prices have been over inflated for a while even pre-covid.

1 hour ago, Piper said:

Yeah, but furlough is still going. We are in for big inflation and a huge recession, it's inevitable.

Fancy a wager on that statement?

2 hours ago, Piper said:

I disagree, I think £20K e39 M5's will be worth £10K more in 18 months. Just look at what happened with the e24 M6, e28 and e34 M5 prices.

6 minutes ago, greenelekta said:

I disagree, I think £20K e39 M5's will be worth £10K more in 18 months. Just look at what happened with the e24 M6, e28 and e34 M5 prices.

I agree

I don't think it's the current situation that's made these prices rise, they were already rising! 

Decent examples of well looked after E39s (mainly 530i, 540i and M5s) are all going up in price as they're getting lower in numbers...

There have and always will be shitty examples of these around, and you'll always get the knobs that say they're only £2k bangers (generally the illiterate FB crowd); but well looked after & maintained examples are gaining value and quickly...

Those that know what they're looking at/doing are holding back; spending more and seeking out these examples.

16 minutes ago, greenelekta said:

^ Less of those about though. World is changing - its just gong to get harder to own anything interesting.

Out of interest you've sold off two collectors cars of late - if they're still rising why move them on?

1 hour ago, greenelekta said:

There are far far fewer examples of e24, 28, and 34 of the M6, and M5's, and probably explains the big big price rises. The one thing the e39 M5 has going for it, over and above later models, is that it was the last manual M5, and deemed more of a drivers car as a result, I don't predict massive price rises for the e39 M5.