Sign in to follow this  
Boba

BMW Dealer Not Listed For Servicing

Booked my car in for servicing today. In the past 20-odd years I’ve used Harry Fairbairn in Kirkcaldy but I noticed when trying to book online on the BMW Servicing web page that Harry Fairbairn isn’t listed. Seems a bit strange as they’ve been a major BMW dealer for donkey’s years and have a large service centre. Any idea why they wouldn’t be listed? Is it because they don’t disclose their servicing rates to BMW or are no longer approved (surely not!!) or somehow just choose not to be listed? Anyway I’ve booked elsewhere now.

Edited by Boba

Maybe because they are Arnold Clark? they are a big enough group to do their own thing. I bought mine from their Giffnock branch, lets just say will not be going back. 

Who did you book with? Having been round most in central Scotland I really liked Grassicks, video the car exterior as part of collection to make sure any damage recorded etc.

Have always found Perth garages to be good regardless of franchise, think that motor mile keeps them honest and competitive.

I've booked with Eastern at Newbridge. It's slightly closer anyway. Same group as Grassicks I think.

Agreed that Arnold Clark doesn't sit well with me but I can't say Harry Fairbairn has ever disappointed me though they've been owned by Arnold Clark for quite a few years now. When I was working I used to get them to collect from and deliver to my work address and it worked well even though it was a 50 mile round trip for them.

Edited by Boba

Have not used Eastern myself for service but my wife uses them for her Mini and she is really impressed with the level of attention and service. I remember them bending over backwards once to get her a courtesy car sorted when her own car had to be kept in unexpectedly. 

Arnold Clark get a worse press than they probably deserve I admit. I was just put off by the overall feel of the dealership and attitudes. Still they were good on price which I suppose is what matters after all. I did use Kirkcaldy when they were Phoenix and thought it was good. 
Hope all goes well with your service.