Sign in to follow this  
bones

2013 F11 Pro Media scratched screen

Under certain lighting conditions my new to me 2013 idrive widescreen looks a right mess with lots of what look like scratches caused by previous owners. I have searched these forums but cant find anything on the issue, a general web search and there are mentions of how easily the anti glare coating is scratched.  That being the case there must be plenty others out there with the same issue, I'm just looking at what I can do to fix it as my OCD  gets the better of me. Anyone else have the same problem?

Thanks

Hi,

I think you'll be limited to replacing the screen to a non scratched/much less scratched item so either brand new or a well looked after used item, or, you can remove the existing screen and I believe use an agent to remove the anti glare coating which then removes all those light level scratches. You can then get a universal anti glare stick on screen, cut to size and apply over the top. I'm not sure what 'agent' is needed to remove the oem anti glare coating though, I know i've seen references to products in other forum posts so perhaps have a search out for those

Cheers, Dennis!