The Situation

CarPlay Install

Love the music B)

Looks great can you flip back over to cars original settings too.

41 minutes ago, marko530d said:

Love the music B)

Looks great can you flip back over to cars original settings too.

Yes - you just hold down the menu button for 2 secs to change between the OEM system and the CarPlay.

Some of the extras you get are sound equalisers and also the ability to screen mirror your iPhones to the dashscreen. 

I just wish I could get the original screen to work the way it did before I installed the Andream. Every time I switched to the BMW  screen this fuel display appears on the right third of the screen.  Can't find a way to get rid of it.

20201130_153656.jpg

Edited by johnboy615
Spelling

1 hour ago, johnboy615 said:

I just wish I could get the original screen to work the way it did before I installed the Andream. Every time I switched to the BMW  screen this fuel display appears on the right third of the screen.  Can't find a way to get rid of i.

20201130_153656.jpg

Did you install it yourself?

Could be a faulty unit and possibly look to request exchange.

Luckily I have had no issues so far.

2 hours ago, johnboy615 said:

I just wish I could get the original screen to work the way it did before I installed the Andream. Every time I switched to the BMW  screen this fuel display appears on the right third of the screen.  Can't find a way to get rid of i.

20201130_153656.jpg

You need to go to the factory mode in settings (password is most likely 1314 / 1317) and adjust the OEM screen size to full wide nbt

On 4/4/2021 at 8:41 PM, The Situation said:

I decided to get an Andream CarPlay system installed mainly for Google/Waze maps and freshen up the home screen and not bad for £250 supply and fit.

4EC30C8C-9521-4FD3-B491-D4B425EFA915.jpeg

EB5DBE5F-E983-47B0-9702-19AC40694CF9.jpeg

Where did you get this supplied and fitted from? I think I may go down the same route

On 04/04/2021 at 20:41, The Situation said:

I decided to get an Andream CarPlay system installed mainly for Google/Waze maps and freshen up the home screen and not bad for £250 supply and fit.

4EC30C8C-9521-4FD3-B491-D4B425EFA915.jpeg

EB5DBE5F-E983-47B0-9702-19AC40694CF9.jpeg

Can you do a video of listening to the cars normal DAB radio while using Google maps navigation?

this looks great - also available for CIC?
Sounds simple enough for a DIY install - or is it quite tricky? Where is the module installed - living behind the head unit?

1 hour ago, gbshahaq said:

Sounds simple enough for a DIY install - or is it quite tricky? Where is the module installed - living behind the head unit?

If its this one then yeah CIC also, of course with this you wont get touchscreen as that requires another headunit itself or Android etc. Its fairly easy to open up and plant the unit behind the existing display / headunit

https://www.android-car-dvd.de/collections/wireless-carplay-android-auto/products/wireless-apple-carplay-android-auto-mmi-interface-adapter-box-for-bmw-series-1-2-3-4-5-7-mini-x1-x3-x4-x5-x6-x7-cic-nbt-system?variant=32089463259269

Edited by IINexusII

On 07/04/2021 at 12:55, Raj520d said:

Where did you get this supplied and fitted from? I think I may go down the same route

Guy based in Barking does from the back of his garage.

My mate found him via his FB page and got his done with reverse camera.

I just got the CarPlay done, he supplies and fits for £250, took about 45 mins.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/403853217658859/?ref=share

I DM’d him via his page.

1 hour ago, gbshahaq said:

Yes can be done for CIC and as for DIY I’m sure it can if you confident which I certainly ain’t.

So in regards to the unit, all the videos on YouTube I’ve seen which were American house the unit directly behind the head unit however, mine was housed behind the glove box area.

He said that it’s a better place for the wireless not be interfered via the head unit.

i fitted mine to the panel below the glove box for easy access (should I need it etc.) that did mean losing the ability for my wife to have hot air blown onto her feet lol

1 hour ago, The Situation said:

Yes can be done for CIC and as for DIY I’m sure it can if you confident which I certainly ain’t.

So in regards to the unit, all the videos on YouTube I’ve seen which were American house the unit directly behind the head unit however, mine was housed behind the glove box area.

He said that it’s a better place for the wireless not be interfered via the head unit.

thanks OP. Can you give a link for the installer you used?