Hi everyone, since now I'm driving my F10 a lot I see so many other F10's/F11's on the road and I love how bright most of their daytime running lights (angel eyes) even during daylight, when I look at mine I can't even tell they're on, unless I look very closely... I tried coding them to 100% brightness with bimmercode but I can't see any difference :( I know that only xenon headlights has bright angel eyes and I unfortunately have halogen headlights... is anyone ever tried upgrading the actual LED module for angel eyes on the halogens? Would xenon headlight module fit halogens or not? I'm already planning to upgrade halogen bulbs to terminator HID's as they're much brighter than halogens...and it's a lot cheaper then buying actual xenon headlights, I'll add pictures of my F10 for comparison. Thanks in advance!

20210403_133705.jpg

20210403_133708.jpg

Screenshot_20210403-141344_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20210403-141051_eBay.jpg

Edited by Rimvyz

Don't think there is anything you can do mate apart from buying new headlight. And for terminator hid go for it asap you won't regret!

The LEDs for angel eyes on the halogen headlights are soldered to a board under each light; they're not easily accessed and not changeable (like a bulb) so you're a bit stuck. Coding allows you to select a different brightness, but it doesn't work on the halogen lights (been there).

22 hours ago, BFleming said:

The LEDs for angel eyes on the halogen headlights are soldered to a board under each light; they're not easily accessed and not changeable (like a bulb) so you're a bit stuck. Coding allows you to select a different brightness, but it doesn't work on the halogen lights (been there).

Thanks for the reply, that's really annoying,  why bmw had to make these crappy halogen headlights so difficult... is it possible to upgrade to xenon ones without any major coding? As I don't own ISTA. Might look for some damaged headlights and fix them up, if I find a good deal why not to upgrade... they are very expensive though :(

Tbh mate add xenon to your current headlights and you won't bother getting brighter angel eyes unless you really want them

On 08/04/2021 at 18:18, BFleming said:

would love to see a photo of the board. Its probably possible to do something but at high level of fudge factor and effort. 

I put HID in mine i think at your recommendation and they are great. Cant tell they are fitted either as i mounted the boxes etc top of the wings under the plastic covers.

Don't think there is anything you can do mate apart from buying new headlight. And for terminator hid go for it asap you won't regret!
Great bits of kit aren't they!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Funknhell said:

Great bits of kit aren't they!

Yes :D

15 hours ago, bmwmike said:

would love to see a photo of the board. Its probably possible to do something but at high level of fudge factor and effort. 

Ask & you shall receive... this is my old cracked headlight that I dismantled before binning it. I shouldn't have binned it, but there you go.

Eho6li1.jpg?1

HozdYgr.jpg

I'd be curious to see the underside of the casing.... I suspect it's a standard casing with differing internals, so potentially a xenon LED unit might be fitable with some modification. The wiring however, is another matter...

22 hours ago, bestdj said:

Tbh mate add xenon to your current headlights and you won't bother getting brighter angel eyes unless you really want them

Yea, I will be fitting HID's into mine and that will do the job for night driving, as halogens are so dim at night. Most likely it's possible to modify current LED's from boad but that's too much work, it's just not worth it. So I guess my F10 will stay with basically invisible rings during the day:lol: