thomp1983

m62 engine no start

Hi all,

I've got a 4.4i m62 engine that won't start it just cranks over, the engines in a 2002 x5. There's no power to the white/blue wire at the fuel pump.

I've tested fuel pump relay and it tests fine, if I supply the fuel pump with it's own supply the engine will start and run.

There is no continuity on the output of the fuel pump relay to the blue/white wire on the fuel pump, anyone any ideas on where this runs in the interior, id imagine a 5 series to be a similar setup

thanks

chris

Did it work previously or is the car new to you?

I have installed discrete little switches as interrupts on the fuel pump supply on a few cars as an immobilising device. 

I bought it as a non runner but it did start on the drive when it was unloaded for aout 10 seconds, I've found the issue, someones fitted the fuel pump relay in the wrong socket in the fuse box, when it ran on the drive it must have been from what rail pressure was left in it. Unfortunately it took me stripping all the fusebox down and continuity testing the connections to find it.

Thanks

Chris

Well sadly one problem leads to another, got it running started filling the gearbox with new oil and it's pouring out the bellhousing. 

looking at realoem theres a lip seal on the input shaft I'm guessing it must be damaged so I'll be taking gearbox out at some point to see.