iReaper1157

E61 boot water (turning into a swimming pool)

Hi everybody. 

so with spring now upon us and the warm weather starting my friendly e61 has decided it wants to turn the boot into a swimming pool for the kids. As much as I think this is a great idea it does worry me a bit. So I’m guessing this is caused by a blocked  sun roof pipe and those pipes go through the boot on either side? 
just pull it till that thing pops off the end?

thanks. 

So I’ve just read that post and realised that my water ingress is actually on the right side in that black tray behind the panel that covers the battery. Wondering if I might have another issue  or a leak somewhere else. 

1 hour ago, iReaper1157 said:

So I’ve just read that post and realised that my water ingress is actually on the right side in that black tray behind the panel that covers the battery. Wondering if I might have another issue  or a leak somewhere else. 

That probably means the foam gasket between the rear light cluster and the body has perished, they are not expensive from the dealer. Check to see if there is water in the battery compartment too.

The rubber on my vents were knackered on my non sunroof E60, though it was only the battery side that collected water. Could be worth a check.

3 hours ago, FLX said:

The rubber on my vents were knackered on my non sunroof E60, though it was only the battery side that collected water. Could be worth a check.

Thanks pal. I did have a look at the vent it seems pretty much ok but it’s probably worth a shit resealing it anyway. That and the light cluster.

So today I found another puddle and did more digging. The battery compartment was pretty much full of water and the spare wheel well was also on its way but luckily the modules are unaffected. I’ve got rid of the water, relocated the modules. Pulled the pipe for the sunroof, bodged a reseal for the rear light cluster and reseated round the vent. I pulled the pipe and when the end fell off no water came out the pipe at all. But when I blew up it there was resistance at first and then a load of gargling. Not sure if this then unblocked something at the sunroof end. Hopefully I’ve got it sussed tho. 

My e61 seems to be letting water on the front drivers side which seems to be entering by the footrest any ideas how it's getting in

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

It'll be a blocked drain under the brake fluid reservoir. You'll need to remove the plastic under the pollen filters and clean it out. It's quite easy once you know how. You need a 13mm socket and a torx driver (T15 maybe).