Natinderjit

F11 , 520D, 2014, instrument cluster not showing Sports Display

H i Everyone,

I am hoping some one can help with a problem on my 2014 520D F11. My display cluster is a 6WA 'instrument panel with extended scope'.

According to the owners handbook, on page 90, when i put the transmission into Sport or Sport+ mode, 'the display on the instrument cluster switches to the Sport Displays', where the speedo changes from an analogue dial to a digital display on the left and the rev counter with the gearbox in the centre on the right .

Well my display does not change at all. It is the same as for when i am in Comfort or eco pro.

I have gone into the idrive and, settings menu but no matter what i try the cluster display stays the same.

There are no warnings or fault codes or anything to indicate there is a problem with the car or the display cluster.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks,

Nat

8 minutes ago, Natinderjit said:

H i Everyone,

I am hoping some one can help with a problem on my 2014 520D F11. My display cluster is a 6WA 'instrument panel with extended scope'.

According to the owners handbook, on page 90, when i put the transmission into Sport or Sport+ mode, 'the display on the instrument cluster switches to the Sport Displays', where the speedo changes from an analogue dial to a digital display on the left and the rev counter with the gearbox in the centre on the right .

Well my display does not change at all. It is the same as for when i am in Comfort or eco pro.

I have gone into the idrive and, settings menu but no matter what i try the cluster display stays the same.

There are no warnings or fault codes or anything to indicate there is a problem with the car or the display cluster.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks,

Nat

What you are reading is for the 6WB digital display and not the analogue 6WA display. The extended scope refers to the LCD part at the bottom of the display.