mpgscott

E61 535d pre loci Front Springs

Hi folks,

So just about to put a new set of Michelin PS4s on the car for the summer abs when doing the track rods the springs are not looking in great shape.  So thinking might be a good idea to change.  Also read they do tend to snap randomly and don’t want to wreck any new tyres.

Seen on AUTODOC that there are a number of decent names on there, so what’s people fitted any recommendations?

Cheers

Mark

You can get sach springs from euro car parts for a good price. Much better then waiting weeks for AUTODOC to turn up 

5 hours ago, r0ryb said:

You can get sach springs from euro car parts for a good price. Much better then waiting weeks for AUTODOC to turn up 

The prices at ECP are twice that even with the discount codes, cheapest i can see them is £60ea where as onlinecarparts or autodoc same thing is £30ea

Does anyone know what length the M-Sport ones should be, there are so many choices on length on autodoc and ECP dont tell you what it is.

On 17/03/2021 at 10:58, mpgscott said:

Does anyone know what length the M-Sport ones should be, there are so many choices on length on autodoc and ECP dont tell you what it is.

But your vin number in shop.bmw.co.uk it will tell you the part number and information you need 

On 17/03/2021 at 10:58, mpgscott said:

Send me your vin (full not 7 digit) and I'll use the spring calculator.

I used the ECP ones and I feel they sit too high and aren’t the right springs. I also don’t get why Sachs UK know nothing of where ECP get them from, ECP don’t use Sachs part numbers on the springs or on the box and they don’t even look like Sachs. Take gonzo up in the offer or go into the chat on autodoc and give them the vin. 

19 hours ago, Clavurion said:

Can you still see the three paint marking colours on the springs?

Cant see them I’m afraid.

Thanks for the idea, didn’t know about the paint markers so good to know.

20 hours ago, iReaper1157 said:

I used the ECP ones and I feel they sit too high and aren’t the right springs. I also don’t get why Sachs UK know nothing of where ECP get them from, ECP don’t use Sachs part numbers on the springs or on the box and they don’t even look like Sachs. Take gonzo up in the offer or go into the chat on autodoc and give them the vin. 

ECP are getting worse and worse at giving random parts, some things a waste of time looking up as you either get so many choices then it’s a guessing game unless you know for sure.  Over the years don’t know how many times I end up back round at the shop with the original part to try and match up after being given wrong parts initially.

You need to clean the dirt off the spring. 1 grey and 2 pink. The car was fitted for sports setting setup from factory. 

yuayyaH.jpg

ECP don't include manufacturer part numbers on their packaging. E60 rear Sachs spring:

OVyTF3U.jpeg

On 20/03/2021 at 21:20, jake13 said:

image.png.95e3e7f9ec7d9a2d3061d952918ef8a5.png

Hi Jake. A bit late to this party but would you have a spring table like this for the E39 range ?

Thanks. Buster.