Neil B

530d F11 ReMap

Hi

Any suggestions for a decent remap on my 2014 530D F11? So many to choose from around the £500 mark, don’t want to make a bad choice and cause engine issues!

thanks

Neil

If you're anywhere near S W Scotland I could recommend the place who did mine. More power/torque, better mpg, no running issues. Was £300 for the job but the map wasn't tailored specifically for the car so that was just for installing the map. Perhaps the higher quotes you've had would be for a specific bespoke map for your car and involve a few dyno runs while fine tuning hence the higher price.

Put where you are based and prepared to travel, lots of variables from the plug and play ones like above (I had similar but for less £ a few years ago) to fully costumed ones with RR etc.

I had my first ever remap done a few months ago after discovering a guy who was advertising on Facebook Marketplace. I was skeptical at first, but became reassured after seeing how many BMWs he had done. He turned out to be a real gem of a bloke with fantastic knowledge of BMWs.

No rolling roads or anything - I just went to his house and he did it by hooking the car up with jump leads and reading the files from the ECU with his Alientech tool. I don't know if this is what's referred to as a 'custom' remap, but apparently the files vary for each type of car. After that, he sent a request for the replacement files and when they arrived back, he wrote them back to the ECU. Only a couple of hours work.

He said 'take it for a drive and see what you think', so I went down the road and immediately noticed the improved throttle response and torque. My 530d now performs virtually on par with a 535d and I'm seeing an improvement of about 2mpg!

The map was written by Quantum Tuning, who are well established and there are loads of people round the country who use their software. It cost me £210.